Long or short action

bigdiesel4

Hey guys, I recently bought a tikka T3x (308) Was wondering how to tell if it's a long action or a short action.

All of the T3X actions are the same length - kind of an extended medium action (about 3.34" max c.o.a.l. with a "long" action factory magazine). It is the bolt stop and magazine that vary. With a 308, you will have a short bolt stop. You can change that to a long bolt stop to handle a longer cartridge but you will likely need a different magazine, too.

All of the T3X actions are the same length - kind of an extended medium action (about 3.34" max c.o.a.l. with a "long" action factory magazine). It is the bolt stop and magazine that vary. With a 308, you will have a short bolt stop. You can change that to a long bolt stop to handle a longer cartridge but you will likely need a different magazine, too.
I'm looking at mags to buy for this rifle and I'm looking at short and long action options for it. If it's a "medium" action then which mag would you get, the long?

If you go long action mags to load out heavy high bc longer then you'll need to have the matching bolt stop. I would think you could just buy aftermarket short action mags