Long muzzoading seasons

etisll40

Whitetail, muledeer, etc.

Anyone living in a state with a long (month) long muxxleloading season for non residents?mI'm thinking about planning a trip to take my Ultimate muzzle loader too.

Might have to google each potential state's wildlife or DNR divisions to search. Some states hold the regular season prior to a muzzleloader season. Just use the muzz during that season too.

I hunt with a muzz during all seasons.

A while back someone on LRH said there was a month long dedicated muzzleloading season in their state? That wuld alllow me to plan a trip in advance. G scouting a bit before the season and then set up for the hunt. Basically an enjoyable vacation idea for me.

Just hoping someone knows off hand.

Thanks for chiming in.

A while back someone on LRH said there was a month long dedicated muzzleloading season in their state? That wuld alllow me to plan a trip in advance. G scouting a bit before the season and then set up for the hunt. Basically an enjoyable vacation idea for me.

Just hoping someone knows off hand.

Thanks for chiming in.

Ultimate Firearms rifle or the Remington Ultimate?

If you decide on MN there is a lot of public ground to the north but also a lot of wolves. The SE part of the state has pretty good hunting with a good amount of public ground as well. You will have difficulty getting onto private. There will be light pressure on many of the public lands during the week and the SE part of the state does have some very nice bucks. There are also some areas that allow bonus antlerless tags.

Iowa has a 20 some day late muzzleloader season but it is a draw tag. Depending on what Unit you want to hunt there might be some left that don't sell out. Nebraska has a month long late muzzleloader season, and are very nice to non residents. You can buy a non resident deer tag over the counter in Nebraska. I have hunted the late season out in western Nebraska, farmers are very nice to give permission, fun hunt. I live in Iowa so I hunt the late season here. Getting permission here on private ground if your out of state is prob not going to happen , but a lot of state ground to hunt.

etisll40 I forgot to tell you that Ohio is good also. I have relation there and have hunted there also, been a few years. I believe there late season comes in around 1st of the year but short season , like 4 or 5 days. Buy non res tags over the counter for like $100 some dollars . A lot of huge tracks of state ground in southern Ohio, would be a lot closer for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.