Long hex wrench

The hex wrench in the photo is for one of my Sauer 202 rifles and the only difference between your 200 and a 202 is in the trigger assembly and the safety catch. Yes the butt stock is also 5mm and the same wrench is used for both. I am not surprised that the Blaser gunsmith didn't know much about your Sauer 200 considering they were replaced by the 202 in 1993/1994.
You should find that the hole in the end of the forend where the hex wrench slides in is 15/64" diameter and a 1/4" rod or drill bit wont slide in.
By the way the red plastic covering on the hex wench in the photo prevents it from marking the barrel as you undo the forend bolt.

Thanks for setting me straight on this! I'll cancel the pending order and switch to a 5mm. Nothing happening right now as its Christmas. I wont be switching barrels as I only have one ( 270win). I just bought it but as its 30+ yr old and unfired I would like to disassemble it and give it a good cleaning and re-oiling. I can date it by a hidden barrel stamp under the forearm but assume it is pre-90 as is has barrel stamp 'Made in W. Germany'.
BTW these are amazing rifles. Balance and fit/finish. Bolt feels like it's on ball bearings. It has the most unique, functional ambidextrous safety I have ever seen. Cant wait to shoot it!

I recently acquired a Sauer 200 bolt rifle but not its tool kit. In order to take off the forearm I need about a 9-10in long 4mm hex wrench. Sauer has some coming but not until Feb. Anyone have an idea where I could find one? The longest I see are 6in with t handles. thx
You can get one at the automotive store for a 3/8 socket set and use an extension and ratchet.

Thanks for setting me straight on this! I'll cancel the pending order and switch to a 5mm. Nothing happening right now as its Christmas. I wont be switching barrels as I only have one ( 270win). I just bought it but as its 30+ yr old and unfired I would like to disassemble it and give it a good cleaning and re-oiling. I can date it by a hidden barrel stamp under the forearm but assume it is pre-90 as is has barrel stamp 'Made in W. Germany'.
BTW these are amazing rifles. Balance and fit/finish. Bolt feels like it's on ball bearings. It has the most unique, functional ambidextrous safety I have ever seen. Cant wait to shoot it!
I have a 7 mag in the Sauer 202. Love it. I think I got it at a good price reduction because the shop didn't know the butt stock could be tightened. It was advertised as a loose fitting buttstock. That likely kept other bidders away too.

I love mine. Shoots lights out. Smooth bolt and trigger.

I have a 7 mag in the Sauer 202. Love it. I think I got it at a good price reduction because the shop didn't know the butt stock could be tightened. It was advertised as a loose fitting buttstock. That likely kept other bidders away too.

I love mine. Shoots lights out. Smooth bolt and trigger.

does your have a 14 3/8 lop? mine does and it felt 'long' but feels super balanced. And then I did the shotgun fit check and my trigger pad was where it was supposed to be.
Wx is so foul here that I will wait for the proper wrench to show up as cant shoot anyhow and my rings havent arrived.

does your have a 14 3/8 lop? mine does and it felt 'long' but feels super balanced. And then I did the shotgun fit check and my trigger pad was where it was supposed to be.
Wx is so foul here that I will wait for the proper wrench to show up as cant shoot anyhow and my rings havent arrived.
I have never measured, but it fits me very nicely. It handles nicely, very well balance, shoulders smoothly. My favorite gun, but it was a bit heavy for my intense muley hunt this Fall. I took it a few days, but switched on my big hiking days to my light Tikka.

I recently acquired a Sauer 200 bolt rifle but not its tool kit. In order to take off the forearm I need about a 9-10in long 4mm hex wrench. Sauer has some coming but not until Feb. Anyone have an idea where I could find one? The longest I see are 6in with t handles. thx
I have a Sauer 202. This is what I use to remove the stock and forearm. Works perfectly. Made in USA

Amazon product ASIN B002KADRSK

Sorry the link did not build and for the delayed resonse. Might search AZ, for Bondhus 16464 5mm Hex End T-Handle .