Long distance shooting

I am located in Hamilton I was thinking to take Fifth wheel and find a long distance range and camp for a few days.

if it were me, i would just drive up into the mountains outside of town and go shoot. You can shoot on the state land anywhere up there. Also there is Deep Creek shooting range, i think its just west of missoula and there have a 1000 yds range i think.

Yes you are right.I live up against the mountains if I started walking west,I believe I have 90 miles or so before I would have to come back..I just don't want to upset the wildlife. I know about the 1000 yd shooting range in Missoula but I believe its not always open.I was looking for a club you can shoot marked targets out to 1000 or at least 600 yards or terrain thats flat and available to long range shooting and I would bring a target.

I wouldn't worrie too much about the wildlife. at our range here in billings the deer don't even move when you shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.