Long Actions for 28 nosler - Suggestions? (First build)

GarytheGunGuy

Hey everyone!

I'm doing my first every custom build in a 28 Nosler for hunting. My goal is to get it done before this next years hunting season and have time to develop a load. I already have the barrel and the stock company is waiting for me to confirm the action Im going to be using.

I was going to get a BAT igniter, but won't be available for another 8-9 months, including their other actions.

At this point, price is less of an issue than availability and time. Where can I look and what do y'all suggest for a high quality long action (LEFT-HANDED) with a magnum bolt face. I'm trying to stay on the lighter end for weight and Im not bias towards any brand. I've looked at places like Atlus solutions and bullet central and couldn't find anything in stock.

Buy a good tight used rig here and modify it to fit your needs. Lots of the rifles for sale here could become a 28N and many are low round counts and have premium components. Just my 2 cents to reach your goal of getting it ready by Sept or so.

I was going to suggest a Terminus Zeus QC action, you can buy pre-fit barrels and have all the magnums you want with the Quick Change system and only need to purchase one scope and stock. You have to keep in mind the feed rails are designed for AICS mags, but with a hunting gun, you can set it up using a Hawkins M5 Hunting Magazine, this gives you a flush fit almost like a BDL floor plate. With the QC system, you can screw on a barrel, without an action wrench or barrel vise while still in the stock, you have to use the same barrel contour for each barrel you use since the stock is cut for that type. You could have a 6.5 PRC for Whitetails, 28 Nosler for bigger game and any 30 caliber for Bear, Moose, etc.

Go with an action you can get a 3.800 mag box for, other than that they all work well. 3.600 is the bare minimum for a 28N in my opinion.

Recent Posts