Long action cartridge choice?

Creedmoor shooter

So I have the opportunity to pick up a savage 111 in 300 win mnag for 150 bucks. I've decided to build a long range hunting rifle in a 7mm cal to shoot 180s. The cartridges I'm considering are 280AI, 7mm SAUM, and 7mm rem mag. I'm open to other suggestions but I don't want some powder hungry beast that I can't afford to shoot. Id like the rifle to come in at about 10 lbs scoped. I will be adding a muzzle brake as well. Hunting distances up to 600-700 yards on medium game and targets up to 1500-1600 yards. Looking for pros and cons of these cartridges and looking for suggestions.

I was planning on swapping the bolt face if I decided to go with the 280 Ackley. I'll mention I own a Browning x-bolt 7mm RM that I use as a light weight carry rifle but it's cursed with a 9.5 twist.

How much does the Sherman have on the 280 AI? I'm pretty confident that with a 26in I can get a 280 Ackley to spit a 180 around 2950-3000 with something like rl-26. But then again I have no experience with the 280 AI.

Since you have a 7mm rem mag, go for the Sherman. I would if I lived in the states. I've thought about rebarrelling my 257 into a 7mm wby, for me that seems like best option since I live in Canada, but something better might come along by the time I get around to it. The 28 nosler has more power and shorter barrel life than I would like.
And all the arguments about factory ammo availability, well since you already have the remmy, go for the wildcat.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.