Lonely Montana Spring Bear Season!

The Montana Nonresident Bear ,Fish. Turkey are shut down till April 24th . That what I read . There still is Hope Guys !!

Rum Man

Today's email also indicates that black bear harvests have a mandatory reporting within 48 hours of harvest.

————————————-
COVID-19
Friday, April 10, 2020

With the ongoing need to follow social distancing directives, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks is changing black bear reporting requirements for this hunting season.

For the spring black bear season, which starts April 15, all successful bear hunters are required to report their harvest through the FWP Harvest Reporting Line 1-877-FWP-WILD(1-877-397-9453) within 48 hours of harvest.

Unlike in years past, FWP will not require or conduct a carcass inspection, hide seal or tooth collection.

This change will allow the public and FWP staff to continue to follow the social distancing directives outlined by Gov. Steve Bullock, which can be found online at COVID19.mt.gov.

All of Montana is under directives from Gov. Steve Bullock to maintain social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. This directive applies to those who are outdoors, but Gov. Bullock also recognized the importance of outdoor recreation to all Montanans, encouraging people to get outside, but exercise some good sense by staying close to home and avoiding crowded areas where social distancing is difficult or impossible.

Nonresident spring bear hunting is suspended until April 24 to comply with Gov. Bullocks quarantine directives for out of state travelers.

What about people that just moved here? I've been in Montana for over a month now but would still have to buy non residents tags.
Yeah dude you have to live here for 6months to be a resident. You have to check your bear into FWP after harvest which means a meeting with biologist & or warden. King Bullock declared so I wouldn't risk, Bullock also ran his mouth on the "Assault Weapons Ban" so his run for Senate will be short-lived...

Today's email also indicates that black bear harvests have a mandatory reporting within 48 hours of harvest.

————————————-
COVID-19
Friday, April 10, 2020

With the ongoing need to follow social distancing directives, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks is changing black bear reporting requirements for this hunting season.

For the spring black bear season, which starts April 15, all successful bear hunters are required to report their harvest through the FWP Harvest Reporting Line 1-877-FWP-WILD(1-877-397-9453) within 48 hours of harvest.

Unlike in years past, FWP will not require or conduct a carcass inspection, hide seal or tooth collection.

This change will allow the public and FWP staff to continue to follow the social distancing directives outlined by Gov. Steve Bullock, which can be found online at COVID19.mt.gov.

All of Montana is under directives from Gov. Steve Bullock to maintain social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. This directive applies to those who are outdoors, but Gov. Bullock also recognized the importance of outdoor recreation to all Montanans, encouraging people to get outside, but exercise some good sense by staying close to home and avoiding crowded areas where social distancing is difficult or impossible.

Nonresident spring bear hunting is suspended until April 24 to comply with Gov. Bullocks quarantine directives for out of state travelers.
I have not received this email yet 🤔

What about people that just moved here? I've been in Montana for over a month now but would still have to buy non residents tags.
He wants to stop people traveling here from out of state. You live here and just haven't met the 180 day requirement to become an official "resident". If you have already bought your tag I would say go for it. I don't care what those yahoos say. April 15 I'm in the woods. That's the best social distancing you can possibly do

We got in our 1st hike of the spring, no sign, not a big suprise for where we were but we did find a couple nice sheds and saw a few elks.

Much better place for exercise than in town, great social distancing as well:) My little Jack (Russell) will snore like a big dog tonight. Man that dude puts in the miles on our hikes...

right.......!

I was actually in shorts and a sweat shirt tonight, 70 when I left the truck this afternoon.

The weekend sounds like it might be a better day to do some loading and my spring garage cleaning...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.