**** lodge/masons oaths ****

Jmden, I can relate to much of what you wrote and thank you for writing it. I also want you to know that I noticed that you didn't attack anyone, ridicule anyone or call anyone names. I respect that and it says alot about the man. God bless.

Roll-yur-own,

I have to say that I concur with some of what you are saying. Part of me believes that ANY organized religion is a waste of time and money. But part of me wants to believe that there is something else. I don't think that a church is a megaphone to gods ear and the only way that he hears you is if you are sitting in church singing (or chanting) some silly song that you have had to memorize. Everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die. I bet we could all argue over bible verses till the wee hours of the night. It's pointless to go on attempting to change someones mind about religion. Just be an American and let them believe what they want and you do the same. Arguing over which religion is the one going to heaven is like an arguement over who would win in a fight, Superman or Mighty Mouse? What do you expect? The guy on the other end of the internet is going to say, "Wow, I guess your right and I'm wrong and everything my parents have ever told me was also wrong. Thanks, I'll go wake my wife now and tell her that we're switching churches because I lost an arguement about religion on the internet."

Find something worthwhile to argue about.

Tom

Tom, I agree with you. I believe God is too big for any one religion.

I'm not arguing over which one is going to Heaven. It frustrates me when any one religion thinks that "they" are the ones going and if you don't believe in Jesus then you're not going to Heaven.

or, the king james Bible is the "true" word of God. Its pathetic. The king james version is only 400 years old.

What is amusing is that these guys don't like big gov't telling them what to do but that is exactly what they have. Except pat robinson and similar folks run that gov't.

What I sincerely find dangerous is that there is a large number of these zealots and many of them would act no different than terrorists is told to do so by there leadership.

Haven't evangelicals blown up abortion clinics in the name of God? What makes that different than 9/11 terrorists other than the number of causualties?

I'm not trying to change someones mind about their religion. I'm simply suggesting people be tolerant of others.

Last edited:
Masonic lodge isn't a religion it is a fraternity period. Plenty of all religions going to hell, going to
Church or Mass or Mosque doesn't make you a Christain. It is so simple a child can get to Heaven
we are saved by grace not by works or being good, we must answer Jesus' call believe in our hearts confess with our mouths recieve the Holy Spirit then the old man is dead and the new man is born. All men will not enter the gates of Heaven but those that are reborn by the Spirit or
saved certainly will ! I am a Christian and a master mason and am not perfect just saved but still
in a fleshly body, I have to ask forgiveness everyday for my sins.
If you know a bit about the history of America then you know it was started by a few masons
and plenty of their friends thus the penalties in those days, things were very serious few could be trusted when forming a new government but don't believe me do a little research. The authors of articles condeming masonry should be grateful for living in a free country...

Says who? You?
Roll- ur- own.
I'll tell you who says were saved by Grace.
Answer Ephesians Chapter 2 verse 8,9,10
For by grace are ye saved through faith;and that not of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God:
Not of WORKS, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them .

See a Saved person works because they have been saved not in order to keep saved or to be saved.

This is what will send a person to hell rejecting the finished work of the lord Jesus Christ. Man is taught all his life to work for a nice house work for a car salvation is a free gift from God Jesus paid all our sin debt in full at the cross on calvery all we have to do is recieve him . You can't have Jesus and it not change your life! That's why we work.

I hear people quote the not suppose to judge verse that you quoted often . Why did the apostle paul say I speak as to wise men JUDGE YE what I say.
The bible also tells us to try the spirits how do you try them without judging them?

As for the master mason that says masons is not a religion I have the book remember they open with prayer and close with prayer and quote other passages of scripture so they hide behind the curtain of religion like all the other false doctrins!

I believe the KJ Bible is the literal Word of GOD for the english speaking people.

Romans Ch 3 verse 10
As it is written, their is none righteous, no not one:

Romans 3 verse 23,24
For all have sinned and comed short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Anyone can come to the Lord but God gives each person their own free will
Romans Ch 10 Verse 13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

If you have read this and have never asked Jesus to come into your heart and save you then I say to you friend today is the day of salvation ...I've never had a friend like Jesus he has never let go of my hand .

Someone mentioned that I have to much idle time on my hands

Well I go to church every time the door is open unless I am sick I visit the buss rout every Sat. and we run the buss every sunday I also work every other sat of each month. When we have revivals I don't miss them either . For those who do know the bible I'm not counting on any of this to get into heaven . I just don't want to meet the saviour empty handed I could never do enough for him. God bless you all and have a great day.

Bigbuck

Last edited:
JMDen, if you think there were no dinosaurs you are a moron. There are two stories of creation in Genesis which one is right?

Why couldn't God have created dinosaurs?

So why don't you answer the question.

Are the Jews, Hindus, Buddists, and members of non-christian religions going to heaven? If not where are they going?

Again I implore someone to answer this.....Where do the babies killed by abortion go?

Roll,

Did I ever say there were no dinosaurs? Some one is ASSUMING quite a lot up on very flawed information. I sure hope your are not making any decisions about where you will spend you enternity on faulty assumptions like that. You bet there were dinosaurs created by God and lots off them and there is a great deal of evidence to suggest that man lived right along side them just like the Bible would indicate. The Bible talks about the 'leviathan' in Job, Psalms and Isa and the 'behemoth' mentioned in Job. Despite what some compromising biblical scholars have tried to do to make the Bible fit with the errant idea of evolution (another discussion) and it's associated anti-true God philosophies, a clear reading of the text regarding the 'leviathan' reveals that the best fit for this creature would be some type of very large aquatic dinosaur.

Look at God's description of the 'behemoth' starting in Job 40:15. Does that sound like a hippo or elephant with a 'tail like a cedar' that your Bible footnote might say? What a joke. It's no wonder so many people are turned off by the the 'religious'. Most of them don't know what's in the Bible and are very quick to compromise it's power to make it fit with what we have been told is the science of evolution. What this creation/evolution debate really boils down to is the philosophy of evolution vs. the philosophy of biblical creation. Neither is true science because true science has to be testable and repeatable. Run a search on the 'scientific method'. Anyone able to repeat and test where the world came from? Little problem there.

Do some research on a book entitled "Texas Tracks and Artifacts" for just a small start on this issue of man living with dinosaurs. Do you want to get into the all the fallicies of current dating methods next? And how about the origin of life that science so-called still can't answer.

You are very quick to call someone a fool...too quick.

Romans 1:20-22 states, "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools..."

Yes, Roll, so men are without excuse no matter what race, religion or creed they may come from. The Word of the Lord slices like a double edged sword.

Babies killed from abortion? Really? Where do you think they go? Have they had a chance to 'understand what has been made' so that they also are without excuse? I don't think so. Straight to the presence of Almighty God, Roll. That's where they go. They have not had a chance to reject God.

Are any of the rest of us with excuse? Clearly not.

Tom, I agree with you. I believe God is too big for any one religion.

I'm not arguing over which one is going to Heaven. It frustrates me when any one religion thinks that "they" are the ones going and if you don't believe in Jesus then you're not going to Heaven.

or, the king james Bible is the "true" word of God. Its pathetic. The king james version is only 400 years old.

What is amusing is that these guys don't like big gov't telling them what to do but that is exactly what they have. Except pat robinson and similar folks run that gov't.

What I sincerely find dangerous is that there is a large number of these zealots and many of them would act no different than terrorists is told to do so by there leadership.

Haven't evangelicals blown up abortion clinics in the name of God? What makes that different than 9/11 terrorists other than the number of causualties?

I'm not trying to change someones mind about their religion. I'm simply suggesting people be tolerant of others.

Roll-Yur-Own,

Have you every studied any of these religions you talk about? They are wildly divergent in their basic tennants and beliefs. Are you willing to believe a God that says they are all OK? There's a stretch in credibility for yourself and very much more for the 'god' you seem to believe in. Think about that. You are putting your 'god' in box that makes you comfortable. Would you want to serve a 'god' like that? A 'god' like that doesn't deserve your service, yet that's exactly what many do. The Creator of the Universe does deserve your service.

You are serving yourself with philosophy like this. You are making up your own 'god'. God Almighty will not be put in a 'box' and you will face Him one day to account for your actions and whether you rejected the Gift of his Son, or not.

Tolerance...it sound like to me that you are willing to be very tolerant of every religion that you are comfortable with and not very tolerant of true Christianity which is not a religion, but a relationship with the one true God. Hmm...isn't it interesting that so many folks want to talk about tolerance but are anything but when they come face to face with true Christianity. Why is true Christianity singled out so often in our culture? We're often more concerned to talk nicely about Islam than we are about Christianity.

Let's 'pretend' and 'assume', for arguments sake, that Satan exists and that there is truely a tremendous spiritual battle ongoing for the souls of men between Satan and God. Would not Satan be happy and 'tolerant' of you believing whatever you wish other than the truth, which for the sake of argument, we'll call the beliefs of true Christianity? Satan wouldn't care what you believe as long as he had your soul, but he really doesn't like it when you believe the Truth, because then he is not winning the battle for your soul. Hmmm...sound at all familiar?

Again, don't base your beliefs and philosophies on the sinful actions of a few. That's a copout. Base your philosophies and beliefs on the one true God.

Why this discussion on LRH? I've never heard even a similar topic at the hunting camp?

x2
I think people are entitled to their own opinions and at the same time they shouldn't try to shove it in anyone's face. I also think is wrong to accuse someone of lying and then tell them to grow balls because your to close-minded to believe them. I guess there's a lot of hard-asses on the internet :)

Roll-Yur-Own,

Have you every studied any of these religions you talk about? They are wildly divergent in their basic tennants and beliefs. Are you willing to believe a God that says they are all OK? There's a stretch in credibility for yourself and very much more for the 'god' you seem to believe in. Think about that. You are putting your 'god' in box that makes you comfortable. Would you want to serve a 'god' like that? A 'god' like that doesn't deserve your service, yet that's exactly what many do. The Creator of the Universe does deserve your service.

You are serving yourself with philosophy like this. You are making up your own 'god'. God Almighty will not be put in a 'box' and you will face Him one day to account for your actions and whether you rejected the Gift of his Son, or not.

Tolerance...it sound like to me that you are willing to be very tolerant of every religion that you are comfortable with and not very tolerant of true Christianity which is not a religion, but a relationship with the one true God. Hmm...isn't it interesting that so many folks want to talk about tolerance but are anything but when they come face to face with true Christianity. Why is true Christianity singled out so often in our culture? We're often more concerned to talk nicely about Islam than we are about Christianity.

Let's 'pretend' and 'assume', for arguments sake, that Satan exists and that there is truely a tremendous spiritual battle ongoing for the souls of men between Satan and God. Would not Satan be happy and 'tolerant' of you believing whatever you wish other than the truth, which for the sake of argument, we'll call the beliefs of true Christianity? Satan wouldn't care what you believe as long as he had your soul, but he really doesn't like it when you believe the Truth, because then he is not winning the battle for your soul. Hmmm...sound at all familiar?

Again, don't base your beliefs and philosophies on the sinful actions of a few. That's a copout. Base your philosophies and beliefs on the one true God.

+1 Satan could care less if you went to church said a 1000 hail maries prayed everyday wore long dresses / suites and ties taught sunday shool or even preached.

Mathew Chapter 7 verse 22,23
Many will say to me in that day Lord, Lord have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many WONDERFUL WORKS?
And then will I (Jesus) profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This was the words from Jesus himself .
This passage was to unsaved people I have seen pentacostals take this and try to prove that one could fall from grace or loose their salvation I believe that we could all agree that jesus cannot lie so he said depart from me ye that work iniquity (I NEVER KNEW YOU). He could not say you used to be saved but now because you have sinned I never knew you .

As the song writer said." That's why he died on calvary when I could not come to were he was he came to me "

Bigbuck

For those who still think or try to pervade that the lodge does not try to act as some type of church then take a look at this .
Page 59 of the Blue Lodge and Chapter Masonry hand book.
This is during the Rite of Induction Quote
The senior Deacon returns to the door, which he immediately opens, and says: "It is the order of the worshipful Master that the candidate enter this Lodge in the NAME OF THE LORD, and be recieved in due form." Sound like a fraternity" I don't think so! The senior Deacon recieves him on the point of the compass, pressed to his naked left breast,

Page 86 of the Masonry book COVERING:
The covering of the Lodge is the clouded canopy, or starry decked heaven, where all good Masons hope at last, to arrive by the aid of a ladder called Jacob's Ladder having three principal rounds denominated faith, hope and charity, teaching faith in God, hope in immortality, and charity to all mankind.

I've noticed that Masonry weavs scripture throughout their book.

Just some more info:)

Bigbuck

Just came across this thread and felt compelled to speak my piece.

An observation I have made is that we as Christians can be very proud, self seeking and downright sinful. I think a mistake we make is trying to be righteous in our own eyes,thinking we can somehow do it. I cannot tell anyone how to be saved as it is truly a work that is done inside a person. as man can speak one thing and have something much different in his heart, but I can tell you who can save you, Jesus Christ and he said if we seek first his kingdom we will find it. I feel a lot of people are not willing to put forth the effort of seeking the Lord, therefore they will never find him.

I think religion is a big deal. There are very few religions that say "there are many ways to God", in fact the bible says narrow is the way that leads to life and few therein find it and broad is the road to destruction.

I believe the bible is the inspired word of God (not just KJV) why? because history and archeology supports the bible 100% also because prophecies in the bible to date have been true 100% I believe it is the inspired word of God because God says it is his inspired word. I have a desire in my heart to live eternally, it is sad for me to think of death and being no more, maybe purely selfish?, but I believe God designed us to live eternally, but because of the fall of man and the curse our days on this earth are numbered. My encouragement to others would be to search for the truth. If you think the bible is just another book, research the history. Put some time into it you will find many religious "books" started from somebodies dream or idol or portions of the bible, which have been twisted and mangled to "fit" peoples lifestyles.

I believe ignorance will not be bliss on these issues.

As far as Christians telling other people how to live, I have a strong distaste for this. Again, this is probably pride on my part, for I find I respond much better to a loving attitude. I have seen lots of "Christan's" say "how could this Christian do this or that" or " how can they be a Christian if they do that" I see my walk with the Lord as slow at times but a gradual changing of my heart and I find when I try to change it on my own power, I just screw up, but as I see God's patience and love and keep seeking his knowledge and wisdom in his word and his creations, there is a growing love and admiration for my creator and his plan for salvation (In other words his "fix" for man's sinfulness)

I just went through an audio series by Chip Ingram called "Why I believe" finding answers to life's most difficult questions.
Pretty cool stuff. worth the time as it really deals with history and science as evidence. If someone is interested in going through it, I'd be happy to loan them my set or here is a web link to purchase LOTE Community.

Thanks for reading.

308nate

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.