Locktite marine epoxy and what release agent

"Well that was FAST" and "SHIPPING"usually don't end up in the same sentence nowadays.
I ordered this on Friday at 11:06am. Got it today on Monday at 12:20ish in my mailbox. How the USPS did that I have no clue?!?!?!?! But I will take it!
View attachment 284479
Really fast for a product made and shipped from Canada. You will really like the trigger.

Bluedog, if you've never done a Remington trigger check YouTube. Several videos there can help you. Good trigger and Good Luck.

Really fast for a product made and shipped from Canada. You will really like the trigger.
Bluedog, if you've never done a Remington trigger check YouTube. Several videos there can help you. Good trigger and Good Luck.
Well I had it unpackaged and in the gun in under an hour. That included digging around for tools. I also dremeled out the trigger slot in the action just a shade. I could have forced it in but thought it might be too tight and put pressure on the seer at the top of the trigger housing. Should the trigger housing have a little wiggle room?

Since I just bedded this rifle, that made this swap a lot less worry some. Already knew what to expect on driving pins out and catching the seer spring in the factory trigger. I will say the trigger is awesome!!! My 12 year old and 9 year old are impressed also. "Daddy the guy on youtube is right. These triggers are bad, really bad! Now we need one on every gun!" 🤣

Frustrating part is it may have only shaved off 1/2 MOA. I had a 1 5/8" 3 shot. My 12 yr old put in a 1 11/16" 3 shot. All 6 in an 1 3/4" group. :confused::(:mad: I am using magnum primers... all I have right now. My BIL says that LR's are a MUST in his 25-06 and may make a HUGE difference. Hoping my local guy gets some LRP's soon. 117 SST's at about 3110 avg. I am at midrange on Retumbo. May try starting load with a few LRMP's just to see.

Couldn't be happier with the trigger, and the bedding job though. Still not giving up. Yes my Daughter will be happy enough with an "easily dead deer at 200 or less", but I still feel like the rifle and ammo are beating ME at this point.🤣

A huge thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are small groups so addictive?🤷‍♂️

Really like the Retumbo in the 25-06. What distance were your groups?
They were at 100 yards. Pretty bad imo
I really think I need to get a hold of some large rifle primers. Not large rifle magnums.
Just thought of a buddy who might trade me some LR for LRM.

They were at 100 yards. Pretty bad imo
I really think I need to get a hold of some large rifle primers. Not large rifle magnums.
Just thought of a buddy who might trade me some LR for LRM.
Primers are not going to make enough difference to matter. It will never shrink the groups by half. Something that can is playing with the seating depth and trying lighter bullets. If u can't get it to shoot doing thos two then u need to screw on a new barrel.

Let it dry completely. Mistake many guys make is they get anxious about it locking in and pop it out too soon. It does a far better job if fully dry and it pops out easier. If you have a mechanical lock it will be an issue now or in ten more hours.
So have you ever bedded a scope with JB weld into the Lower half of the rings? I just bedded two rails and they seemed to pop harder than I thought. Used a hammer to lightly peck them loose.

I have a mew Meopta Meostar R2 and a used Swaro Z8i I want to bed. Wife's is the Swaro. Anniversary present she doesn't know about yet.

Anyway, do I leave the scopes in 24 hours? Or more like five to six hours? Most guys are saying don't try to clean while they are wet. Pop them out at about 5 hours and then use a razor blade to clean excess off.

Getting a sick to my stomach feeling already. 🤣 I can't have a bad experience with these two scopes. Can't afford to replace.

So have you ever bedded a scope with JB weld into the Lower half of the rings? I just bedded two rails and they seemed to pop harder than I thought. Used a hammer to lightly peck them loose.

I have a mew Meopta Meostar R2 and a used Swaro Z8i I want to bed. Wife's is the Swaro. Anniversary present she doesn't know about yet.

Anyway, do I leave the scopes in 24 hours? Or more like five to six hours? Most guys are saying don't try to clean while they are wet. Pop them out at about 5 hours and then use a razor blade to clean excess off.

Getting a sick to my stomach feeling already. 🤣 I can't have a bad experience with these two scopes. Can't afford to replace.
You have two choices. Put release agent on the scope but effectively bed the scope permanently to those rings, which is an iffy proposition if you don't have the eye relief and level perfect, or find the thinnest tape possible, like invisible scotch tape, to put on the scope and release agent on the scope before applying the tape and the tape non sticky side facing the Devcon. No matter how good a release agent u use the matt finish on most scopes tends to hold on pretty good. Just like sand blasted steel barrels and actions. Personally, I would be WAY more inclined to lap the rings for a perfect fit than trying to bed them to a set of rings. .

You have two choices. Put release agent on the scope but effectively bed the scope permanently to those rings, which is an iffy proposition if you don't have the eye relief and level perfect, or find the thinnest tape possible, like invisible scotch tape, to put on the scope and release agent on the scope before applying the tape and the tape non sticky side facing the Devcon. No matter how good a release agent u use the matt finish on most scopes tends to hold on pretty good. Just like sand blasted steel barrels and actions. Personally, I would be WAY more inclined to lap the rings for a perfect fit than trying to bed them to a set of rings. .
:eek: :oops:
Now I read this! Hope She comes out I already did the deed.

I have bedded a few sets with devcon. Your fine. I bedded one without release agent, and it popped out just fine when I decided to change rings.

I don't use release agent on my reciever when I bed the rail anymore either, it is pointless. With or without release, the rail will still pop off fine. It's not a big surface area with angles and other things going on like bedding an action into a stock, you'll be good as long as there isn't a mechanical lock.

Well i popped it off at about 6.5 hours. It took a little bit of force but it did just pull and pop right out. I used regular 5000+ JB weld. I wonder if the quick set yellow tube at about 2600+ would be an easier pull?
All I know is I am really happy it popped out! 😁😁😁
Pretty sure without release agent she would have stuck hard! I have been told putting it in the freezer will make it pop right off easy.
Clean job. Trimmed edges with sharp scalpel.
CC4E36A6-F9CF-4DC1-9F3E-CAD87138D0B4.jpeg

Looks real good. You are right about what would have happened if you had not used wax on the scope. Big issue with Swaro scopes is they have very thin sidewalls, which is part of how they get them to be so light, but it means they crush or bend pretty easy too. You are also right that putting them in the freezer for a few hours has been used to pop loose lots of difficult bedding jobs. Glad it came out fairly easily

Looks real good. You are right about what would have happened if you had not used wax on the scope. Big issue with Swaro scopes is they have very thin sidewalls, which is part of how they get them to be so light, but it means they crush or bend pretty easy too. You are also right that putting them in the freezer for a few hours has been used to pop loose lots of difficult bedding jobs. Glad it came out fairly easily
Thanks for all of your input. I really appreciate it. I have been shooting for about 48 years. Always done fair. Mainly 350yards and under. Been to busy with raising six kids to play much. Rifle was to put deer on the table and then it got to where I had to just watch my kids do all the shooting. Life is great!!!
Just now starting to think about playing a little. Been doing a little more longer range stuff and my 9 and 12 year old love it too.
Just thought I have bedded two stocks. Why not try a base or two and scope in the rings. Doing the Swaro still makes me
Nervous. May wait on it. Wife won't know the difference. But then again it being the most expensive splurge I have ever made might deserve a torque free bed to sleep in.