Local yote in rugged hunting territory

Handymike

Here's a local coyote in our neighborhood. Range 20 ft. across pool. Weapon, pool noodle.
Mike
coyote local.jpeg

Stuff like this makes me think an air rifle would be a good investment.
A good air rifle or a Bow. The Bow won't make any noise like a good air rifle will. When the big bore air rifles hit the scene there was a guy at my shooting spot that had one in 458 cal. It wasn't that quiet and not something I would be able to dispatch coyote in my neighborhood. Maybe a suppressor one would would work though. To bad they are regulated the way they are.

A good air rifle or a Bow. The Bow won't make any noise like a good air rifle will. When the big bore air rifles hit the scene there was a guy at my shooting spot that had one in 458 cal. It wasn't that quiet and not something I would be able to dispatch coyote in my neighborhood. Maybe a suppressor one would would work though. To bad they are regulated the way they are.

This is true. I just cringe at risking $25 worth of arrow and broadhead for a lowly coyote when there is brick and cement to potentially strike on a pass through.

You can get a moderator for air guns pretty readily here in the US. I keep mulling buying a nice FX and running slugs but have enough expensive hobbies already lol.

This is true. I just cringe at risking $25 worth of arrow and broadhead for a lowly coyote when there is brick and cement to potentially strike on a pass through.

You can get a moderator for air guns pretty readily here in the US. I keep mulling buying a nice FX and running slugs but have enough expensive hobbies already lol.
I understand on the arrow expense. I don't hunt with my bow so the arrows that I have are on the lower end and I only have field/target points right now. I know a quality arrow and broadhead are pricey. I had sticker shock when I was setting up both my son's and my bow.

When I was recently looking at the air rifles I saw that they had almost doubled in price from when I initially looked into them. I cast my own lead bullets so the bullet thing wouldn't be an issue. I would have to buy a compressor though since i'm not about to use a hand pump to refill those tanks. My brother had a hand pump when he was into paint ball. That thing would wear you out filling one tank.

Get a 22lr and use shorts, nothing but a click, quieter than air rifles, may even be quieter than a bow.
Cheap little 22lr revolver may work for something like that, easier to conceal if that's an issue, nosy neighbor or such.

Get a 22lr and use shorts, nothing but a click, quieter than air rifles, may even be quieter than a bow.
Cheap little 22lr revolver may work for something like that, easier to conceal if that's an issue, nosy neighbor or such.
I've fired 22 shorts from a Ruger Single six and It's quite a bit louder than you would think. I wouldn't dare shoot one where I live. Discharging a firearm within City Limits would land my butt in jail here.
I regularly shoot my bow in my back yard and the neighbors are none the wiser. I am not so sure a 22 short would kill a coyote with anything less than a headshot.