Loaning a suppressor on private property?

Game wardens actually have more power than police and state patrol: they can search your property for illegally taken game, even in the kitchen freezer, without a warrant. But I doubt they care about the paperwork for a suppressor.
They have no more authority than other law inforcment you are miss informed look up my earlier post that came directly from a retired highway patrol officer who became a game warden you invite them in they can check anything but without your consent they need a warrant they can come on your property but they can't check any thing that isn't visible if you have visible violations out in the open you are fair game like animals not tagged known felon with gun and so and so. David

Was water skiing a long time ago....two person tow...kneeboards...
Myself on one other guy that had been drinking on other....
We got stopped by marine sheriffs and they didn't like the guy giving them crap...so they threatened fo give him a ticket for operating a vessel while intoxicated......even though it had to be pulled by a boat to operate otherwise it sinks.....unbelievable.....so that means that if you are floating down a river on anything and you are drunk..you can be arrested and charged......well what if your vessel turned over and you climbed aboard a floating limb....is that still a vessel......

The thing is if you are breaking the law I wouldn't trust any of them because most are there for no manual labor and a check throw in a little power the small town I grew up in the sheriff's department would go to the bars and mark the left head light with a tire crayon the go wat on the highway for a marked head light to come down the road so never take your vision of the law being honesty. David

The thing is if you are breaking the law I wouldn't trust any of them because most are there for no manual labor and a check throw in a little power the small town I grew up in the sheriff's department would go to the bars and mark the left head light with a tire crayon the go wat on the highway for a marked head light to come down the road so never take your vision of the law being honesty. David
I hope you moved and using an alias being from a small town LOL

That's why you are required to store it in a safe, with only yourself or in the case of a trust, a designated trustee also having access.

There is no Federal Law or requirement to keep any NFA items in a safe. The requirement is that no one that is not authorized or legally able to handle or use them have access to the items (my words) ... from the ATF NFA FAQ..
NFA firearms may be left in a safe deposit box in his or her former State of residence. Also, the firearm could be left or stored in the former State of residence at the house of a friend or relative in a locked room or container to which only the registered owner has a key. The friend or relative should be supplied with a copy of the registration forms and a letter from the owner authorizing storage of the firearm at that location...

In Texas the game wardens don't need anything to come on your land
Wrong! This statement is a Myth in Texas . They need probable cause or a search warrant to enter your property without your permission, just like any other law enforcement agent in Texas.

There is no Federal Law or requirement to keep any NFA items in a safe. The requirement is that no one that is not authorized or legally able to handle or use them have access to the items (my words) ... from the ATF NFA FAQ..
NFA firearms may be left in a safe deposit box in his or her former State of residence. Also, the firearm could be left or stored in the former State of residence at the house of a friend or relative in a locked room or container to which only the registered owner has a key. The friend or relative should be supplied with a copy of the registration forms and a letter from the owner authorizing storage of the firearm at that location...

Perhaps I should have stated "in a secure location?" However, other than Ft. Knox, I'm unfamiliar with "secure" locations in the home or business, other than a safe. You may be comfortable with yours in a locked room or storage facility--myself, not so much.

I don't Know how the subject segued from loaning the item to another hunter to the topic of moving to another state and having to leave the NFA item(s) behind. But I, or one of us, have apparently digressed...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.