loads for using 140 vld berger with out using 4350 powder

red dawg

I HAVE A SAVAGE STAINLES 24 IN BARREL USING IMR 4350 with a factory brake, I would like to get away from fast burning barrel heating powder 4831 sc dont work well, any suggestions or better yet loads or experiances ? I now have a 1lb trigger for this beast any help thanks in advance! Darin

What bullet weight?
7828 or h1000 has worked in most of mt 7mmRM barrels.

I've has excellent results from IMR4350 with 162 amax.
As long as you are loading to reasonable pressures and not shooting long strings you should be able to get 1500 rounds with 4350.

If this is a hunting rifle you should be shooting with a cool barrel as you would while hunting.

I'm trying to get away from that powder , it works well with both nosler 120grn red tips and 140 berger vld I can shoot 3 shots with it and the brass that i eject and the barrel are warm, u are right I know but might try h1000 in this gun as well as my other longer barrel 5 shots with it is the same barrel temp as 2or 3 of the 4350

If you have access to Reloader Powders, try RL-22 or I would consider IMR7828SC as an alternative to H4831 or IMR4831.

Hope this helps,

Dan

For whatever reason I 've never gotten much other than a little velocity with super slow powders in all my magnum cartridges.... I always settle on H-4350 and Remington 9 1/2 primers...

Around 69.0grs of Reloader 22 you should find the load your looking for.I'm shooting 69.5grs in mine @ 3200fps.I could pack some more in it,but when you keep hitting the same hole you feel like leaving it right there.Also check the sticky on Berger bullets at the top of this reloading section and find your seating depth.

Thanks for the posts, I'm undecided on what I'm gonna try h1000 or magpro or 7828 I got the gun back with new 1 lb trigger and it wasn't real good with 4350 and 120 noslers may need some adjustments or I will just take 2506 in witch I've killed 6 yotes in 4 trips in 4 shots nothing closer than 280yds This is crunch time and I don"t have time to go to the paper targets

I've killed 6 yotes with 6 shots none closer than 280 yds with 2506 and I may have to tweek my 4350 load in my 7mm 4350 load, but will have to find some time to mess with it this is crunch time I can work on this later

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts