Loads for 338 HS heavy tactical rifle ?

Down Under Hunter

Howdy all,

I have a good friend that has a heavy Tactical 338 Lapua Hs precision rifle. He is struggling for a good load in the 250-300grn weight range and I was wondering if any of you have this rifle and might help me steer him in the right direction ??

Maybe some thoughts on OAL as well if possible.

Much appreciated

DUH

Howdy all,

I have a good friend that has a heavy Tactical 338 Lapua Hs precision rifle. He is struggling for a good load in the 250-300grn weight range and I was wondering if any of you have this rifle and might help me steer him in the right direction ??

Maybe some thoughts on OAL as well if possible.

Much appreciated

DUH

There is 1 question that needs to be answered first, what is it's intended purpose? Hunting? Targets? etc?

We get the most accurate load at 3000-3025fps with a 250 SMK in front of 94 Grains of H1000.

Load has taken elk at 780 and 910 yds.

Edit: 30 inch barrel 1-10 twist

We get the most accurate load at 3000-3025fps with a 250 SMK in front of 94 Grains of H1000.

Load has taken elk at 780 and 910 yds.

Edit: 30 inch barrel 1-10 twist

Thanks for your input. As the HS rifle has a 26 " barrel plus break, what should he expect out of it ? What overall length are you running ?

Cheers

DUH

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.