Loads for 300 WSM with Berger 215's

Lpart

Good morning gentlemen. I finally got my rifle from the gunsmith in 300 WSM and am ready to go. I have good supplies of H1000, H4831SC, Retumbo and the new IMR 7977. I also have 500 Berger 215gr bullets which I am commited to here. Can anyone help me with load data for this bullet with any of the powders mentioned? Rifle is the 300 WSM with a 26" Bartlein barrel, defensive edge brake and Greybull Precision stock in trued Rem 700 long action. I made up a dummy round with bullet seated way out and throated the barrel accordingly. Topped off with a Nightforce 2.5-10 compact.
I would appreciate your wisdom with this project.

Good morning gentlemen. I finally got my rifle from the gunsmith in 300 WSM and am ready to go. I have good supplies of H1000, H4831SC, Retumbo and the new IMR 7977. I also have 500 Berger 215gr bullets which I am commited to here. Can anyone help me with load data for this bullet with any of the powders mentioned? Rifle is the 300 WSM with a 26" Bartlein barrel, defensive edge brake and Greybull Precision stock in trued Rem 700 long action. I made up a dummy round with bullet seated way out and throated the barrel accordingly. Topped off with a Nightforce 2.5-10 compact.
I would appreciate your wisdom with this project.

I'm in the same boat as and also have those powders on hand. This is what I got from Berger (thanks Phil). IMR 7977 is supposed to be close to H1000.

Good luck!

Ed

Attachments

• 300 Winchester Short Magnum - 215 Grain.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
I know this threads a little old but thought id share. Today i loaded up some 215s with h1000. I stuffed as much as i could in there with consistent seating depth (shorter freebore than it should have for the 215) and i average 2850fps with a 25" barrel and no signs of pressure. The loaded round was 3.12 and that was just off the lands.

If you have a chamber made for the 215 i think h1000 would be great. Might even be good with retumbo but i dont have any to try.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.