loads for 200 accubond and 300 RUM

Remington Brass
Federal Primer
97.0 gr. Retumbo powder from Hodgdon
200 gr. Nosler Accubond
AOL using bullet comparitor = 4.035
Muzzle Velocity = 3215 ft/sec out of my Rem. Sendero
Muzzle Velocity = 3229 ft/sec out of my Rem. LSS

Please approach Max. Loads with caution!!!

mine is a little hot, but my gun sure likes

93gr of H-1000 behind the 200gr NAB.
fed brass and primer.

shooting a 300 ultra rem 700 with a 26" tube and a holland brake.

good luck, and don't start with that load, work up carefully.

My load has been changing a bit in powder charge lately, but for the moment I've settled on 109 grains of Hodgdon US869 behind the 200AB .010 off the lands. Fills the case up nicely, but would take around a couple of more grains to compress the powder. I'm getting ES just under 20 and haven't been able to improve that. I'm wondering if the Nosler brass might help there. Was just neck sizing, but as I thought might happen, things got a little tight in the chamber after 6 or so firings, so back to FL sizing using the +.010 Redding comp shellholder for minimum FL sizing. Usually well under MOA and regularly have 3 shot groups in the .3 MOA range when I do my part. I'm shooting this unbraked and this load is doing just under 3240 fps at the muzzle over the Oehler and I'm getting about the same or less pressure signs than I did with Retumbo or RL-25 at or just under 3100 fps. I'm also getting better accuracy than I did with Retumbo or RL-25. Who knew with US869? I keep my ammo in the cooler at about 35F when it's over 50 outside. I may be seeing evidence that this powder is definitely more temp sensitve that Hodgdons seems to let on with its data showing 100F spread of temps and about 20fps change in MV for the 50BMG. So watch the temps if you use it. I started at about 100g and worked up from there. Good luck finding your load.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts