Loading the 300 WBY Magnum, what would you do?

H1000 and 3240 fps ( max load data shows no signs of excess pressure, but my shoulder sure does!!!) These " beasts" can RECOIL! Best I could get was 1.2 Moa using 200 gr Accubond's. That " wby " freeborn" has it's issues!! If you don't mind a single shot rifle, perhaps one could improve the accuracy with Berger's ?? I seated the accubonds just shy of magazine length.
Note: should be " free bore" apologies!

That is very Interesting. I actually called Weatherby about 6 months ago and asked about twist rates on my 2 factory rifles, with the 26 inch #2 Barrels. I was actually told by the customer service guy, that older ( German ) rifles were a 12 twist, and newer Japanese Rifles were a 10 twist. I guess the only way to be sure is to follow the Larry Potterfield video, and measure it your self. Thanks Guys

Well I goofed up. I confused this Japanese Mark V with my other friends German Mark V. This Jap gun handled 200gr just fine.

I suspect the scope, Weaver 3-9 micro-trac TV style eye box is junked. Didn't track at all after bold adjustments.

I am using 168gr Barnes TTSX in a 300 weatherby. It is shooting well under MOA at 200 yards. I stopped trying to load the long 200+ grain bullets in a gun with short magazine. To much bullet stuffed in the case. If I remember right the powder is IMR 7828

I am using 168gr Barnes TTSX in a 300 weatherby. It is shooting well under MOA at 200 yards. I stopped trying to load the long 200+ grain bullets in a gun with short magazine. To much bullet stuffed in the case. If I remember right the powder is IMR 7828
Hoss50: What is your cartridge overall length? I am not that happy with my 200 gr Accubond load ie 1.2 Moa at 100yd is best I can get with H1000. Would you also share your IMR 7828 powder and primer specs too? And what velocity?, not that velocity has much to do with the overall " big" picture! Thank you!

Hoss50: What is your cartridge overall length? I am not that happy with my 200 gr Accubond load ie 1.2 Moa at 100yd is best I can get with H1000. Would you also share your IMR 7828 powder and primer specs too? And what velocity?, not that velocity has much to do with the overall " big" picture! Thank you!

I've got 200 and 165 Acuubonds shooting .5 MOA at 300 yards. H1000 load with the 200 @ 2980 fps and single digit ES. I stopped load work at 84 grains vs loading to pressure in this 26 inch barrel. Loading to 3.570 for a 3.6 mag box, with a 6" drop tube this load is just starting to compress @ 84 grains. Using a 215 primer, this load has been very consistent from 20 to 85 degrees. I had a load for Imr 7828 a few years ago with a 200 grain bullet, it hit pressure 2850 fps range in that rifle.

My 7828 load is 79.5gr over a Fed GM215. Length is 3.565". Max mag length is 3.57" roughly. Velocity is unknown as I don't have a chrono yet.