Loading Berger 215s-Question

texas270

I recently loaded my first batch of Berger 215s in 300WM and have had excellent accuracy results. Just rec'd another batch of 100 and a fair number of them have meplats which are not perfectly flat, meaning one side of the meplat has been knocked down or nicked a small amount in shipping.

Does this effect accuracy? if so, is it significant?

thanks for feedback!

I recently loaded my first batch of Berger 215s in 300WM and have had excellent accuracy results. Just rec'd another batch of 100 and a fair number of them have meplats which are not perfectly flat, meaning one side of the meplat has been knocked down or nicked a small amount in shipping.

Does this effect accuracy? if so, is it significant?

thanks for feedback!

The bullet will be spinning at 200,000 rpm. The effect will be little to none and hardly detectable. I say shoot them and I do.

Jeff

Thanks Broz. That brings it into perspective for me. with that extreme level of bullet revolution, the effect of the imperfection will be spread evenly in all directions, so negligible change in flight path-----sort of what I expected (but just didn't make sense) as I have never seen it as a topic here, which it would be, if there was a significant issue.

bob4,
What Jim said is true. We don't recommend Meplate uniforming or pointing up of hunting bullets. You can change how the bullet performs on the animal in a bad way. IE round can pencil through ETC. Shoot some groups and test for your self. If there is an issue please call us.

bob4,
What Jim said is true. We don't recommend Meplate uniforming or pointing up of hunting bullets. You can change how the bullet performs on the animal in a bad way. IE round can pencil through ETC. Shoot some groups and test for your self. If there is an issue please call us.
Thanks, I really didn't need another tool. Awaiting my first Bergers for my 300 WM.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.