Loading at your range

sierracharlie338

What are y'all doing in terms of equipment you take to the range to load? Looking for press, scale etc info.

Those that run a high dollar scale system like the FX120 do you load that up and take it to the range?

Over the years I've always loaded at home and then shot at the range because it's close. My access to that range is about to change and I'm looking to maximize my time at the range. The next range I'll be using is 1.5 hours away so I need to get the most out of my trips.

What are yalls suggestions?

SC

840D003C-E1CB-4B15-AB0E-5BD0BC1BC4B6.jpeg
What are y'all doing in terms of equipment you take to the range to load? Looking for press, scale etc info.

Those that run a high dollar scale system like the FX120 do you load that up and take it to the range?

Over the years I've always loaded at home and then shot at the range because it's close. My access to that range is about to change and I'm looking to maximize my time at the range. The next range I'll be using is 1.5 hours away so I need to get the most out of my trips.

What are yalls suggestions?

SC
I prep and prime all my brass at home we already have a press in the loading room at my range I know I'm very lucky and I Pre weigh all my charges in these containers and assemble and shoot my rounds at the range I label all the containers with the charge weight a little alcohol on a paper towel it comes right off and is clean for next tripWhich is two hours each way for me ATTACH=full]213836[/ATTACH]

Last edited:
Like said above, prep all brass and prime.

Take your scale, press, dies and measuring tools with you. Ive done it a few times but even at a 45 minute drive to the range I rarely go that route.

I do most of my load development at 300 yards so I typically have a short window in the morning before the wind comes up too high or it just gets too danged hot in the summer.

Good info here guys. I like the idea of weighing out charges before hand and marking them. Looks like I'll need a whole new tool box to carry my stuff with me on those long trips haha!

E353C38C-3011-4D03-8219-8DC049981935.jpeg
53AC6F35-24E4-4E82-8427-ECD46D7FDF28.jpeg
0BAA38EB-AB04-49F7-A567-8F4E02556991.jpeg
What scale or type of scale are you taking with you?
I leave my charge master at home I don't like to drive around with it bouncing around or the temperature swings but if I'm not weighing charges at home and bringing them I will take my Lyman it runs off 110 or battery power has a trickler where it can be mounted on either side and all the check weights trickler parts and the tray fit inside the scale

Looks like the RangeMaster 750 I have will be perfect in the event that I want to weigh charges at the range, definitely not taking my fx120 out there.

@Bill Cauley Jr what type of containers are those that you use for powder?
My wife got them at hobby lobby craft store they are for holding beads to make jewelry

Screenshot_20200913-192455_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hand press was my best investment ever- saves me lots of powder and barrel life. I travel a lot for work as well, load all my pistol rounds in the hotel room.

Scale I use a beam type and made a political sign (plastic corrugated "card board) box to cover most of it. Use a simple spoon to trickle powder in.

Its a 45 min drive to my range and just hate it when I forget something. Liking the looks of the preweighed options I seen above.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.