Loading 230 Hybrids to Fit Magazine

Talking to my 86 yr old friend right now. He has to go to his shed and it is raining. He will look later today.

Awesome, thanks!
To all,
Glad to see your successes with our bullets ! In some cases the Hybrids will work at magazine lengths. BUT this is a "case by case" basis ! Based on magazine dimensions, length of action, throat length, ETC. This MAY not be the case for every rifle so please keep in mind that all the information here applies to THEIR RIFLES and should not be taken at face value that it will work in YOUR rifle. Please always do your bullet seating depth testing then load testing by the number. Never jump into a load you got off the internet! If you need help please contact us on this forum or at [email protected]. Most of you are experienced reloaders and know this already. This is for any "newbies" looking for an "easy way". There are none in MOST cases. Enjoy the ones that do.

To all,
Glad to see your successes with our bullets ! In some cases the Hybrids will work at magazine lengths. BUT this is a "case by case" basis ! Based on magazine dimensions, length of action, throat length, ETC. This MAY not be the case for every rifle so please keep in mind that all the information here applies to THEIR RIFLES and should not be taken at face value that it will work in YOUR rifle. Please always do your bullet seating depth testing then load testing by the number. Never jump into a load you got off the internet! If you need help please contact us on this forum or at [email protected]. Most of you are experienced reloaders and know this already. This is for any "newbies" looking for an "easy way". There are none in MOST cases. Enjoy the ones that do.

Not sure why you quoted me but I agree that there is NO easy way or short cut in safe reloading (esp. from one rifle to another), internet or otherwise. I am not new in reloading ... just new with the .300 WSM.

Furthermore, rest assured I will be contacting your TEAM as I have done in the past when I am ready to jump into it. Cheers!

Not sure why you quoted me but I agree that there is NO easy way or short cut in safe reloading (esp. from one rifle to another), internet or otherwise. I am not new in reloading ... just new with the .300 WSM.

Furthermore, rest assured I will be contacting your TEAM as I have done in the past when I am ready to jump into it. Cheers!
Feenix,
Looking forward to the contact sir! Thank you!

Attachments

• Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 45
My friend called me back and proceeded to read me the data for an older load for his 300 WSM which used the 125 nos bt. He says he looked around and cannot find anything.

Later on I thought the data might be in his die box. I tried to reach him without success. I am going fishing for the rest of the week. Perhaps we can still find the exact charge later on.

I went through all my notes in my documents file and saw I had written 6? meaning 60 something for the charge weight. Hodgdon lists 58 gr withH4350 and the 220 gr sierra rs so it would be close to the charge weight I used. Sorry. Perhaps Don will find something in the die box. If not I will have to pull one of his loaded cartridges and weigh the powder. Can't believe there is no record. Think Don just hasn't located it yet.

FEENIX,

I had my friend dig around his stuff some more. He found the load data for the 300 WSM with the 230 gr berger match target hybrid inside his die box! I just added it to my documents file.

The load is 61 gr of RL-17 with Fed 215 match primer with Winchester 300 WSM brass. OAL fits inside a 2.8" mag box of a Browning A-bolt with BOSS. Barrel length is 23".

Please start low and see how your rifle responds.

FEENIX,

I had my friend dig around his stuff some more. He found the load data for the 300 WSM with the 230 gr berger match target hybrid inside his die box! I just added it to my documents file.

The load is 61 gr of RL-17 with Fed 215 match primer with Winchester 300 WSM brass. OAL fits inside a 2.8" mag box of a Browning A-bolt with BOSS. Barrel length is 23".

Please start low and see how your rifle responds.

Awesome! Thank you Sir, will do.

I run the 230 otm in my hs precision 300wsm, 2.86" mag box. Ended up going with h4831, fed 215m in winchester brass. I was able to get up to 65gr when seated to mag length, but I found the best accuracy at 63.1gr. I haven't had a chance to chrony yet, but working backwards from my fired drops I get 2665 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts