Load Workup with/without suppressor?

rm76

In a rifle that will be used most often with a suppressor (for hunting), what are the pros and cons for working up a new load with the suppressor on verses off? Interested to know the thoughts and process of you frequent reloaders. Do you work up your load without the suppressor, and then fine tune with the suppressor on if needed, or do you leave the suppressor on from the beginning of your load workup?

I will start without the suppressor if there are any concerns over bullet stability. Long bullets, marginal twists, slow speeds (including subsonics), generally speaking things where there's a chance of finding a keyhole on the target. Or if there's a chance the bullet doesn't make it to the target, like how I'm trying to make a 223 Rem push a 30gn bullet through a 7 twist fast enough to go poof.

After that I develop with the can on. I figure I can sit there and turn a 6oz brake tuner half a turn and change the dispersion of a group, there's no way a 12+oz suppressor doesn't change the barrel tune. It might change it in a very consistent and repeatable way, but it will change it. So easier to do it with it on the first time.

I have an ATS tuner sitting on my shelf waiting for the day I either can't tune a load with the can on, or for some reason a suppressor makes my groups blow up. It's been waiting a while now 🤣 But maybe I don't see suppressors make groups worse because I work up with them and rarely/never shoot factory ammo in those rifles.

If hunting/shooting with the suppressor then work up load with the suppressor. If you decide to shoot without it then it's just a POI change to adjust your optic for. My experience has been that loads developed with or without a suppressor shoot the same. Only the POI is different with and without if that makes sense.

I also do All my shooting/hunting with the Suppressor on the rifle. My entire rifle system was purpose built to run suppressed only.
Mine stays on the rifle.

If you have occasion where you shoot without for any reason tho, be it transport,
Field carry, or leaving it somewhere,
load work up, or whatever, it'd be wise to know your poi adjustment if any & check it at distance also.

Thank guys!

If hunting/shooting with the suppressor then work up load with the suppressor. If you decide to shoot without it then it's just a POI change to adjust your optic for. My experience has been that loads developed with or without a suppressor shoot the same. Only the POI is different with and without if that makes sense.
This was basically the main point of my question.