Load test wait times.

OK. I ask because I let my hunting rigs cool pretty good between every two shots. Mimic the cold bore shots for hunting. Range/competition gun I keep the gun cool enough, but pay attention how its doing with warmth on the barrel.

A suggestion. You can limit component expense by first finding pressure with your selected powders, and getting an idea in that phase which powder is working the best. Then back off a grain and start the tuning by seating depth in 2 spots. Just off the touch of the lands, and .020 off. Trying to limp a non cooperating powder by eeking on it .2/10ths a grain is a waste of time, money, and money. You are turning cash into noise! LOL
I agree with the hunting situation part. I shoot my groups all together. When I find the group that shoots best I then load 3-5 more then hit the range let the barrel cool to ambient temp then shoot again. Cold bore map and adjust impact. That way my first cold shot at game is always on.

So you have 155 test rounds loaded to shoot???

Holy cow man.

I would honestly shoot 3 of each at about 1% variation to start. So like every other charge weight.

And probably only 1 of each of those if your velocity is way below the norm.

Maybe try this. Tell us what cartridge, bullet weight, and powder, along with brass manufacturer and primer, amd I bet we could narrow you down to shooting 15-21 rounds to start your testing. 155 rounds for the first round of testing is insane.

If you want to see where a node is quickly, shoot 1 of each at 300-400+ yards, skipping every other charge weight for a ladder test.

Yes I do. Thanks for the heads up! I have it adjusted for that with factory Fed 175 SMK's. Thanks.
Just a suggestion, if you like the way the factory 175's shoot then I would maybe try and find a load with similar velocities as the factories even if you have to borrow a chronograph from someone at the range or possibly you already have one. Certain bullets and calibers just like a particular velocity range. Good luck.

We would sell so many more bullets if we told people to shoot 5 shot strings in .2g increments in order to find a load.

Shoot 1 shot 1 charge in 1g increments to find pressure. Aim them all at the same spot so you can read your target. Find pressure and back off of it. Then load multiples there to see if it needs to tinker. If you shoot Hammers at this point you are usually done. With other bullets you may have to adjust seating depth and charge weight to find what the rifle likes.

If a guy is running a 28 Nosler and follows barrel break in procedures and then load development like this he will need a new barrel just when he gets a load. Oh, I almost forgot about fire forming each piece of brass before starting load development.

I won't keep going but I think the OP could afford another rifle if there wasn't near a thousand shots to load develop. :rolleyes:

Just a suggestion, if you like the way the factory 175's shoot then I would maybe try and find a load with similar velocities as the factories even if you have to borrow a chronograph from someone at the range or possibly you already have one. Certain bullets and calibers just like a particular velocity range. Good luck.
I have a Magneto Speed V3. Haven't gotten to play with it yet.

Take a good look at the OCW method on Dan Newberry's site. It has good info on heat and shooting your odds round Robin to see the nodes the response to thr barrel heating up

I used to time everything and always took a couple rifles to shoot. Stove pipe the barrel and 3-5 minutes, usually 5 between strings. I don't do ladder testing or ocw anymore, I do satterlee method and can often get a solid load in 30, done. 10 to lock down velocity node, the rest to confirm node, usually shoot 400-500 yards while doing it, and if I get lucky (cuz I ain't good) I can micro tune in that 30 rounds.