Load needed for 7 wsm for Barnes triple shock

huntem

Greetings to all,

Leaving for a black bear hunt in Quebec in a few weeks with the intent to shoot with my bow first. I'd like to take my 7mm WSM as another option as there are some good stands that are rifle only. I thought about using Barnes TSX but I am getting confilting information on loads found on the internet.

Thanks in advance

I shoot 140 nosler BT in my 7 wsm with 72.0 of IMR 7828 and fed mag primer. I would try nosler accubond and interbond bullets. I have had very good results with the interbonds on game. They are one of the best killing bullets I have used. I shoot the 150 in the 30-338 laupa imp at 3700 to 3800 fps and they perform excellent. In the 7 wsm the 140 grain will shoot up to 3300 Fps in most barrels. 7828 is the fastest and best shooting powder I have used in my 7 wsm. I would start with 69.0 gr of powder and work up. Good Luck

Huntem,
I loaded the 140gr TSX for a buddies 7WSM last year. He took it as his "back-up" rifle on a Saskatchewan elk/mulie/whitetail hunt.
I tried 66-68gr RL22/w CCI BR2's and accuracy ran about 1moa. I eventually went to the 150gr NBT/64.0gr RL22 & CCI BR2's. Accuracy was .3825" (3shots100yds), rifle was Browning A-bolt. Good luck. Johnny K.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.