Load info for 150 Grain Swift

txaggie1

Anyone load the 150 grain swift scirocco's you can share data with me?

I have a ruger 1 in stw i'd like to use the 150's for whitetail medium game critter getters! Any insight would be great - not interested in debating other options i shoot heavies in my accumark with custom barlien barrel. Just an itch i need to scratch for my other gun, i love the swift bullets.

Thank you -

I use RETUMBO with all bullet weights from 150 on up.
If it's hard to find, then I would use H1000, if that's hard to find, I would use RE25.
US869 is also a useful powder, but you need load data, QL can help.

Cheers

All the 50 bmg offerings are rather easy to load with in a 7mmstw. Run them up to 86-88gr on a 175 starting 10% low. On a 140 they will go to 93gr or so; Again start 10% low. This only applies to powders for the 50BMG like aa8700, wc867, wc872, h870, 5010, h50bmg, and possibly rl50 that are designed for pushing full weight pills... There are other "50bmg" powders that were for blanks, sabots, etc. that can't run like this in a 7stw. If in doubt, ask and/or get data.

I load the Sirocco 150 grain in my Rifles Inc 7mmSTW. RELOADER 25, 81grains , remington brass , cci primer, mine is seated at oal of 3.635 Work up your load carefully. Very accurate in my rifle 1/2 " or less at 100yds.

Anyone load the 150 grain swift scirocco's you can share data with me?

I have a ruger 1 in stw i'd like to use the 150's for whitetail medium game critter getters! Any insight would be great - not interested in debating other options i shoot heavies in my accumark with custom barlien barrel. Just an itch i need to scratch for my other gun, i love the swift bullets.

Thank you -
Did you find a good load with the 150 scirocco? I might give them a try in mine. I don't want to use R25, but maybe R26 or R23 would be good? Or H1000, N565 or N570?

No with the powder issues we just kinda put this on the back burner i have some ammo that works very well in the #1. We did load some 280's with these 150's with RL22, shoots half inch groups killed my best buck to date with it opening weekend.

I had some 175 aframes loaded - tried them out of my #1 and they shoot very well. I bought into a trip to africa i'm thinking she's gonna go with me! ;)