Load For 300RUM with 210 Berger

JHansen

Hi, I'm New to the forum, in fact this is the first time i've ever been on one of these. I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm from Stockton Ut. married and have two little girls. I'm kind of a self taught long range shooter/hunter that is to say i've just read what I could find and went from there on my own. I shoot a remington model 700 XCR in 300 RUM with a muzzle break I aluminum pillar bedded it myself and have the trigger set at 3 lbs. This last year I was shooting a load with a165 grain accubond and getting good success out to 1000 yds that is to say 7-8 in. groups. Now I am wanting to go further I am trying to work something up with a 210 Berger and was wondering if you guys could give me some help. Any help with what powder to use, charges you guys use, etc. would be appreciated thanks

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING THE 210 BERGERS ALSO I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET AWAY FROM THE OFFICE, I DON'T HAVE ANY HANDS ON EXPERIENCE WITH THEM YET BUT I GOT ALL THE LOAD DATA FROM BERGERS WEB SITE HE EMAILED ME THE START LOADS FOR THE 210 USING DIFFERENT POWDERS I'M GOING TO TRY THE H-1000 POWDER. ONE GUY ON THIS SITE GOES BY GRIT HE LOADS THE 210 WITH H-1000 AT THE MAX LOAD FROM BERGERS DATA. I WOULD START OUT @ THE LOWEST AND WORK MY WAY UP .KEEP US POSTED ON HOW WELL THEY WORK FOR YOU AND WELCOM TO LONG RANGE HUNTINGgun)

This is a table that Walt from Berger sent to me with load info for 210's. Brian Litz, bsl135 on here, works for Berger and could give additional info I'm sure.
BergerVLDLoads2.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.