Load for 270 Weatherby Magnum

Been trying 150 Hornady SP and have some 140 Nosler Accubonds.
IIWM forget the 150 Hdy SP. I don't see accuracy down that path.

The 140 Accubonds should work though 130s are the goto along with IMR7828.

IIWM I'd try COAL from book to 3.445 and 7828 adjusting load to match usable case capacity. When I stretch the COAL in a Wby, the goal is to get some of the bearing surface out into the free bore to stabilize the bullet during release.

I've got hundreds of the 150 hdy loaded for my 270win's, but that pill may be one that doesn't like to be jumped as much... 7828 is one of your better powder choices, as are the slower rl series.

Thanks for the info. The next step I was looking at was a starting point AOL of 3.425" which would have the base of the bullet at the base of the case neck. I will try the 140's with 7828. I had tried them with Rel 25 but the best group I got was 1.75". Got busy with fire activity after that and then hunting so just getting back to it.

66gr of IMR 4350, 130gr accubonds. Custom weatherby Mark V with 28" Brux Barrel. 3400-fps, 3 shot group 100yrds off atlas bipod. 88 degrees.

Attachments

• 20180808_102246.jpg
    20180808_102246.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 392
I have used 71.5grns of H4831sc or 73grns of RE22 under 140 accubonds in weatherby brass at 3.375" and got around 3430 from a 28" barrel on a savage action. Both were accurate and showed no pressure, the 4831sc was more consistant than the RE22. Yes before I get bashed I know that according to all newer manuals these charges are "way over max", work up from about 5grns lower. Also know that most weatherby data is done with minimal freebore, if you are loading for a vanguard or MKV max book loads will leave you with something to be desired in the velocity catagorey. I love weatherby cartridges, and was told a good while ago by an older fellow that there is only one way to run a weatherby and that is wide open, for the most part he was pretty much right.
Is everyone doing full length resizing for neck sizing and bumping the should back??

After many rounds trying different bullets, different powders and changing cartridge lengths I decided that enough was enough and I got rid of the rifle. I may look for another but I doubt it.

I have been working on building a load for my 270 Weatherby Mag. It's an older one with the lighter contour 24" barrell. I have tried Reloder 25 but the results have been underwhelming. This is the first time i have loaded for this caliber so any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks
I have a finicky 270 Wea mag and the only powder that gives wea velocity with some degree of accuracy is Vihtavouri N560 3300 plus in 140 grain Hornady SST as well as Federal Trophy Bear Claw. It also works well in 257 Wea