Load for 270 Weatherby Magnum

I have been trying to work up a good load for my 270 wby 1:10 twist . 165 matrix what are your loads with H1000 and retumbo also can you include the COAL or to ogive measurement. thank you very much been searching for info for some time now

sorry not trying to hijack your thread just desperate for info!

Super Thirty,

With the .270 WTBY's powder capacity, you might want to consider the Matrix VLDs in 165/175grainers (BTW, it's Canadian just in case you didn't know - .277 Caliber Rifle Bullets Built for Accuracy | Matrix Ballistics).

While fire-forming to .270 AI, I am pushing the 175grainer to 2919 FPS with 57.5gr of H4831SC, CCI CR, Win brass. I have 7828 SSC to try as I get the opportunity. Good luck!

BTW, SK is a beautiful country ... did a few wilderness fishing trips in Lac La Ronge area and this year we did Dore Lake. Lots of fun! :D

I was hoping to work with the Hornady's as they are easy to obtain up here so far. I have tried 7828 and Rel 25. Have not really been happy with the results. Going to try lengthening the OAL and see if accuracy improves. This rifle has been a source of frustration for me. My 257 was much easier to load for. Keep trying for a bit yet.
I have lived in La Ronge for 25+ years now and was stationed at Dore Lake for a few years in the early 80's. Really enjoyed the country there too.

I have been working on building a load for my 270 Weatherby Mag. It's an older one with the lighter contour 24" barrell. I have tried Reloder 25 but the results have been underwhelming. This is the first time i have loaded for this caliber so any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks
When you reference "older" does it say "Made in Germany"?

What is realistic accuracy expectations for the cartridge considering the light barrel and all?
IMHO the barrel profile (weight) is not an accuracy kill except in a heat build up situation at the range.

It's a Weatherby so "sub MOA with premium loads". The ones I load for are Atascadaro or Paso Robles made but it shouldn't matter compared to Japan.

We get sub MOA to 300yards for load testing. Longest range game taken is 565 yards with TTSX 130.

The most important advice I can give is shoot slow during load work. Slow. BTW: did I say slow. Shoot 50 rounds of 22LR from a bolt gun between 270Wby shots. LOL

If you don't have one, I recommend a Hornady COAL gauge. .020 to .150 off depending on projectile.

My rifle has lots of freebore because I can't reach the lands with a bullet seated in the case. I tried the recommended overall length but have been plagued by inconsistent groups. Generally two and a flyer. Thought it was me so got another shooter same result. Thought it was the scope and changed that out to a known one with no change.