Load for 215 Berbers in 300 win mag

encoreguy

I am a little confused on powder load ranges. I look at my load manuals and it does not list these bullets because they are so new. So I look at the next heaver bullet range and it shows higher powder ranges than I have seen elsewhere that are showing pressure signs. I have H1000 and it kind of looks like the ranges are from 74 to 76 grains??? I am not sure where to start. Of and I have Norma brass and CCI mag primers. I am loading for a Savage 110 HS with detachable mag. For an elk hunt. Can anyone share some accurate loads?

Re: Load for 215 Bergers in 300 win mag

I will be lucky to seat it anywhere close to the lands and still get it to fit the magazine the way it is looking.

Last edited:
Good advice and a few grains less to start if RWS brass is ever used.

Jeff

Side note on 300 wm.... Broz... Just saw your thread on Berger 215 hybrids. have to say wow. That's a piece of testing you did. Thanks for sharing and just awesome.

Back on point.... I think broz has the experience with 300 wm to give you sound advice!

Side note on 300 wm.... Broz... Just saw your thread on Berger 215 hybrids. have to say wow. That's a piece of testing you did. Thanks for sharing and just awesome.

Back on point.... I think broz has the experience with 300 wm to give you sound advice!

Thanks, and you are welcome, it was a fun season for sure. The 300 win has always been and still is very good to me. Amazing combo with 215's

Jeff

Encoreguy,

Don't sweat the seating depth. Those hybrids are quite forgiving. I'd say get them to fit and feed from your magazine and work up a powder charge. You might be pleasantly surprised with those Burgers.

(sorry I had to misspell it, grin)

Good advice and a few grains less to start if RWS brass is ever used.

Jeff

Add PPU brass to that list as well I could not seat a 210 VLD or a 208 AMAX with 75gr of H1000 without bulging shoulders.

Shoot straight

Bob

Thanks guys. I will start building loads today and hopefully start shooting groups tomorrow. I prepped and primed my Norma brass last weekend so I should be good to go after a little barrel break-in. I will start at 73 grains. If you have any other load recommendations please share.

Email Berger and they will email you back with the info for starting if you need. In my 300 WM I'm running 77gr. of H1000, CCI 250 primers about .050 off my lands (START LOW AND WORK UP).
I have been able to get these shooting around 1/2 MOA at 2775FPS through my magnetospeed

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.