Load Development

G

This is how easy it is to load develop.
http://groovebullets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49

Don
smile.gif

What a piece of propaganda!
rolleyes.gif

quote from other post: So Tony sets out to try these new Groove Bullets and after loading one Round with Rel 19 and then another round with onwe type of powder and increasing grains of powder at one grain at a time hit on alittle better than 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. NO pressure signs, very very little copper fouling and was just Amazed at what accuracy he is NOW getting with these new Groove Bullets.
Now, Tony goes to work on my new 300 wby. 3 rounds later.. YES ~~~ I said after 3 rounds and using 83.5 grns of IMR 7828, I am getting 1/4 inch groups @ 100 yards.. Temp was 55 degrees and wind was 10 mph.

Now did you remember I first told you I don't reload?? Well guess what??? This fat boy won't have to buy anymore HIGH DOLLAR factory Wby ammo at those high costs cause this guy now has GROOVE BULLETS
smile.gif
Chronograph data will come later and next time we go to range and after we get some more Groove bullets.. so look close for the next update from 2 HAPPY Groove Bullets USERS
smile.gif

Hey.. did you know you save money using Groove bullets also?? NOT much copper fouling equates to LESS $$ spent on bore cleaners

He loads ONE ROUND at a time, with different powders & charges, and gets 1/2" groups? Better yet is... "after three rounds I was getting 1/4 inch groups". How do you get multiple groups with only three rounds?? Oh, and let's not forget how easy it is to clean, and how much we'll save on solvents...

This is a transparent sales pitch by whoever posted it. What a joke.
rolleyes.gif

Gary,

You hit my thoughts Exactly. Not only does that Fat guy not reload, I don't think he's ever done any shooting.

Tim

Texas,

Yes, these are the bullets I spoke about earlier.

This individual loaded 1 round at a time looking for pressure signs. He then loaded and shot 3 shot groups. I don't know how many groups he shot.

He tried 3 different powder charges for the 300 whby and then loaded up to shoot 3 shot groups. Again, I don't know how many groups he shot.

The "Fat" guy is in Oklahoma.

Don

Don,

I remember you talking about those bullets a while back, and from memory of what you had mentioned about them before, I was thinking of getting some to try.

I followed the link you posted, but to be honest, I got so fed up with the BS and hype on that page, and the entire forum, I never made it all of the way to the price / order page.

Can you tell us about them again? What kind of BC do you have for the 7MM? How much $?

Gary, Tim You both are right. It did seem kind of funny that that someone could load so few rounds and get good groups. Other than that the groove bullets do seem like something to try.
Hopefully they will come out with a larger selection of calibers. It would be nice if they would try a 408 cal you know.

Texas,

Why does it seem "funny" that good groups are shot with so few rounds?

Here is the load data on a 338 win mag that was used by another customer. This is the very first load he tried. He loaded 3 bullets.
Sako 75 Rifle
206gr EXP Groove Bullet
338 win mag
71gr of IMR 4831
CCI-BR2 primer
Win brass, OAL was 3.440"
3 shot group at 100 yards = .537"

He is very happy with the results he is getting.

As to other calibers. I will have the following calibers available within the next 4 weeks:
7mm

The 25, 7mm, 30 and 338 calibers are available now. Other then those listed above additional calibers will be made available based on customer feedback.

Don

Don what I meant was without much load development to load only 3 rounds and have groups that were good enough to stop trying to improve. Maybe its just me but I figure most people would load a few more then keep trying to improve. There was no ill intent behind the comment.

Hopefully the other calibers will be out soon. They do seem like a varible choice to the SMK's.

Texas,

Thanks for the clarification, I missunderstood what you meant.
smile.gif

I assume that the customer I spoke of then loaded other loads and tried them. All he told me about was the first 3 bullets he loaded.

Again, thanks for the clarification.

Don
smile.gif

No problem this is a very good forum with great people that have a lot of knowledge and opions. Now if we could just get everyone together in one place to meet and shoot (besides on the net) it would be good. Just think how many ground up customs could be built if we tried to go and meet everyone.

Tim, BC - ??? Price, BIG. No savings on solvents gonna make up the difference!

Will confess though, the lesser bearing surface idea is a very good one. Been done before, just, the price probably killed it as it will here.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.