Load development

One suggestion: You need a smaller target (aim small, miss small).
No matter what my gun actually shoots, I doubt I could do better than you did on THAT target..

Thats a 2" dot at 475.
With my NF on 22 power and 2nd focal plane reticle it all but covers it up.
Its why I'm probably gonna step up in power.
I'm a firm believer in aim small miss small, its exactly why I dont believe in anything under a 20 power

I'm not worried about the rifles ability. I know what the other loads I've developed for it can do. A good friend of mine in North Carolina, built this one and 2 others for me. He builds guns as a Hobby. He goes by Alan. Works great for me, I pay for all parts, and give him 500.$.

I shoot at nothing but white paper and dots alot easier to see the bullet holes at distance.
That definitely works also. My target Stand hold 8 sheets of printer paper targets. The frame is built out of 1x3's I use cardboard for the main back pice, cover that with a fresh strip of butchers wrapping paper, now and then I'll change out the paper. And I just tape new targets onto it. I built a 2nd one 1/2 the size. It moves a lot less out here in Eastern Montana, really hard to find a day with no wind. I don't have any problems seeing the targets at 700. And beyond 700 my friend and I shoot his 16" gong at a grand.

Load it and Let Her Eat Bud, awesome load development and trigger work combined
Thanks. Still gonna mess with seating depth, I know it will put 5 in a dime with other loads/bullets

Attachments

• 611B9D2F-B8D7-43B2-ABD2-E2643C1E99CF.jpeg
    611B9D2F-B8D7-43B2-ABD2-E2643C1E99CF.jpeg
    909.9 KB · Views: 97
In all honesty if I had a 5-6oz trigger 36x power scope nice flat bottom forend and BR style rest it probably would have been better or better shooter but thats not how its going hunting with me.
EC368824-D494-4B8E-85D2-5076E7602FDE.jpeg

The shot was only 425 yards, she had been separated from the heard the night before. I know because I watched these guys chase, shoot, chase shoot more….to each their own. Not my style of hunting speed goats or anything else.( well in my younger days and girls different story) . Tag was either sex, I was wanting the Buck in that Heard , but he might have been hit by the Chasers the night before. Off the bipod, and I used Ballistic A&E app, ranged her at 425, dialed for elevation, then for 15mph wind, right to left, and let it fly.

475 is no problem, its when I get back to 871 its hard enough seeing 30 cal holes 6.5 can't do it anymore with my 60 year old eyes.