If I go into AE and uncheck the windage is zeroed button
Then it's real close to AB
131.01" left 9.63

Attachments

• IMG_4889.jpg
    IMG_4889.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Doc maybe a possible bug with AB or they just solve wind differently ?

105 vld.

Last edited:
So this is what I believe is happening, AB is computing spindrift and Coriolis from the muzzle even if you zero at a farther range.

Doc.

Humor me please

No wind perfect zero at 300 yards

AB
.243 win
7.7 twist right
Sight ht 2.4

Zero conditions
28.4 baro
Fps 2995 by magnetto
72 degrees
27% humid

Conditions
72 degrees
27% humid

48th Parallel
320 degree azimuth

Wind 10 mph from 270 degree at 1300 yards
Output 128.2. Left 9.4 moa

AE
Same conditions
Three options with AE for same wind

Muzzle
Output. 109" left 8.07 moa

Midrange 88.56". 6.51 moa

Downrange 59.77. 4.39

I noticed AB. Did have everything at zero at 300 just like AE

so I am trying to figure if I entered something in error

What Form Factor are you using for each?

So this is what I believe is happening, AB is computing spindrift and Coriolis from the muzzle even if you zero at a farther range.

What it should be doing is calculating it out to the zero distance (300 yards) then subtracting it and running it again from that point.

Ok. I will play with it a little more. Just to test it I zeroed it at 600 yards just to see if it is working correctly. It only changed the wind about 3.5 " at 1300 yards with that farther zero. Just doubling checking

So real quick with a 600 yard zero with AE at 1300 yards 10mph at 270 degrees
Like 88" of wind

AB only moved 3.2 inches to like 124.9 from 128.1 by moving zero 300 yards father to 600, I have user error or a setting issue.
Something is wrong. I will recheck and see if I can find my error

Ok
If I uncheck my (windage is zeroed) button again on AE I get the same 131 inches of drift from AE, it appears AB subtracts spindrift/Coriolis from its zero setting with the last example at 600 yards which brought it from 128.1 to 124.8 but if for some reason you are truly zeroed at a range your entire wind calculations can be wrong with AB because it doesn't have the option (windage is zeroed). I prefer AB so all I did to fix it was go into the wind factor setting and adjust it to match my zero at 300. by like .13 or something.

I realize most people cant shoot a 1" group at 300 yards to get a farther zero but I can measure .4 or .5 inches at 300 for the spin drift and Coriolis. How can you adjust for Spin drift/Coriolis at 100 yards when its a 1/10th moa or .10 inches when your group is .30 inches. Almost impossible unless your shooting .05 inch groups. So I choose to zero farther if you can shoot well and have good conditions, I hope this makes sense

Got my coues deer back from last year, looks good!

Attachments

• IMG_4897.jpg
    IMG_4897.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
target pic 2.jpg
We are Box to Bench Precision, LLC. We are a Federal Firearms License Holder. We take factory rifles (box guns) and produce accurate and consistent long range performers.

We have developed The 100 Yard Long Range Load Development and Scope Tracking Target (Patent Pending). Shooters can develop an entire long range precision rifle system on one target.

It features the following:

Powder testing

Lands testing

Final group size with all ballistic data

Zero spots

Final velocity

Hot/Cold Fps

Scope Tracking up to 25 Moa/ 7.5 Mils

30" tall x 23.5" wide

Tear resistant and water proof

Comes with Storage Tube per shipment

Data Collection

Russ McKinnon and I, Joseph Mecomber, have been studying long range shooting near Colville, Washington. It is mountainous country with extremes in wind and temperature. Northeast Washington is becoming very popular with long range competitions with the most recent being the Snipers Hide Team Challenge.

It has taken several years to advance our long range abilities to this point. These sources have been tremendously helpful to us. We suggest studying the Precision Rifle Blog, Sniper 101 YouTube Video Series, Rex Reviews, Snipers Hide, Longrangehunting.com, Accurate Shooter, Ballistic XLR, and the Berger Reloading Manual.

Our number one goal has always been first shot hits. If you study the principles that are taught from these sources and develop your precision ammunition with the use of our target, your success in long range shooting will improve dramatically.

Russ and I are not organized competitive shooters but have both been invited to shoot in local private competitions. I competed for the first time against a field of 5 teams and finished in first place. This spring Russ shot in a field of 8 teams and finished tied for second place.

If you find yourself struggling with the science behind our target, we are currently coordinating with Long Range Shooting Schools to assure training is available for those who are interested.

You can follow Russ and my entire journey from over two years ago as we developed a Ruger Precision Rifle in .243 Winchester.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/load-development-ruger-precision-rifle-243.166145/

Please support our business as we continue to grow, these targets will make your time shooting more enjoyable.

Keep an eye out for a review of the target that will be released by Long Range Hunting.com in September

Thank you

Joe Mecomber and Russ McKinnon Team B2B

Follow us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/B2BPrecision/posts/337591816692057

Online at www.boxtobenchprecision.com

Last edited:
View attachment 79540 View attachment 79540 We are Box to Bench Precision, LLC. We are a Federal Firearms License Holder. We take factory rifles (box guns) and produce accurate and consistent long range performers.

We have developed The 100 Yard Long Range Load Development and Scope Tracking Target (Patent Pending). Shooters can develop an entire long range precision rifle system on one target.

It features the following:

Powder testing

Lands testing

Final group size with all ballistic data

Zero spots

Final velocity

Hot/Cold Fps

Scope Tracking up to 25 Moa/ 7.5 Mils

30" tall x 23.5" wide

Tear resistant and water proof

Comes with Storage Tube per shipment

Data Collection

Russ McKinnon and I, Joseph Mecomber, have been studying long range shooting near Colville, Washington. It is mountainous country with extremes in wind and temperature. Northeast Washington is becoming very popular with long range competitions with the most recent being the Snipers Hide Team Challenge.

It has taken several years to advance our long range abilities to this point. These sources have been tremendously helpful to us. We suggest studying the Precision Rifle Blog, Sniper 101 YouTube Video Series, Rex Reviews, Snipers Hide, Longrangehunting.com, Accurate Shooter, Ballistic XLR, and the Berger Reloading Manual.

Our number one goal has always been first shot hits. If you study the principles that are taught from these sources and develop your precision ammunition with the use of our target. Your success in long range shooting will improve dramatically.

Russ and I are not organized competitive shooters but have both been invited to shoot in local private competitions. I competed for the first time against a field of 5 teams and finished in first place. This spring Russ shot in a field of 8 teams and finished tied for second place.

If you find yourself struggling with the science behind our target, we are currently coordinating with Long Range Shooting Schools to assure training is available for those who are interested.

You can follow Russ and my entire journey from over two years ago as we developed a Ruger Precision Rifle in .243 Winchester.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/load-development-ruger-precision-rifle-243.166145/

Please support our business as we continue to grow, these targets will make your time shooting more enjoyable.

Keep an eye out for a review of the target that will be released by Long Range Hunting.com in September

Thank you

Joe Mecomber and Russ McKinnon Team B2B

Follow us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/B2BPrecision/posts/337591816692057

Online at www.boxtobenchprecision.com

We grew tired of putting stickers on cardboard and drawing lines. This will make life easier. Check out our target!

Update on 243. That factory barrel was too thin to shoot long strings in F Class. It was already pretty well fire cracked with ~1k rounds down the tube. The .308 was a hoot but was just too exhausting and exacerbating to shoot in matches. Just ordered a 30 inch bull barrel in 243 with a match chamber and a 7.5 twist. Plan is to toss 115 grain pills. If it shoots I'll shoot it in F Class. Was tempted by 6 Creedmoor, 6XC, 6 SLR and even 6x47. In the end I already had the Lapua 243 brass and match dies. Figured what the hell, I'll give it another try. Might be over a month before I get the barrel but will report back when I do.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.