load development for .338 lapua

I have a box of Berger 300g hybrid2 bullets on order. Was looking for a starting point for load development. I have a 28" barrel with a twist 10-1. Any info to get me started would be very helpful. Thanks

Assuming you are using Lapua brass, I would start about 89 gr of H-1000 and a CCI 250 M primer. Seat them about .-040" off the lands and work up on the powder charge till you get the accuracy you need or pressure shows up. Then play with seating depth. I found seating depth was not critical ( as Berger states with Hybrids) and opted for the best ES I had. I was from .005" off the lands to .060" off and settled at .015"

If these are Gen 1 bullets be careful as you approach 91 grains. With the Gen 2's I can runs about a grain more. As always!! Sart low and work up. Every rifle is different.

Jeff

sort of off topic, but I haven't heard since early June how the production went or is going on the GenIIs. Anybody in the know? I emailed berger earlier this week, but haven't gotten a responce.

Thanks for the info guys.
I have not recieved my H2's yet. When I called last week they were telling me another 2 weeks. We'll see...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.