Load Development Companies

We have been doing it for several years. We stopped last year because it just got too busy and we couldn't get to the rifles in a timely fashion. We have several companies that we work with that do the same service. Look at Superior Ammunition, Unknown Munitions, Pendleton Ammunition, and Colorado Custom Cartridges. One of these should be able to take care of you.

They all produce ammo so I would assume there is a min purchase of ammo. I don't know if they will just do the development and give all the data. For the last year or so we were doing just the development with no ammo and providing the data for $500. We like doing it but it just takes too much time that gets harder and harder to come up with. Takes at least two range sessions. One for load workup and another at long range to verify drops.

It is worth calling them.

Yeah I know of two with reputable reputations in addition to Steve, Dallas reloads and Unknown Munitions. Both have nothing but great reviews and I have personally seen great results from first hand accounts.

Last edited:
MGArms in Spring, TX has a service where they will accurize your rifle and develop a load. They give you a box of ammo and the recipe or they can make as many rounds as you want!

I've used hammer for a .300 win mag I simply didn't have time to do. It worked great. Sent them the rig. It came back with all the info I needed and the ammo I requested.
I've also had Suprior ammo do stuff for friends and family.
He does it several ways.
Send him the whole thing to do, or he sends you test packs with how to use them and basically remote tune for you by offering different loading and you shoot them to see which works best.

Make sure you know what you are getting into. I know for a fact that a couple of companies I have come across use "house loads" or "pet loads" and not necessarily a full work up like you might do for yourself. It does work though, I have had two rifles setup by one of these individuals and they both shoot good enough for my liking. One is a muzzleloader, the other a 300 Weatherby. The muzzleloader unded up being a house load and works fine out to 400 as requested, the Weatherby they worked it up a little more, but their enthusiasm dwindled after a few test loads. Better them than me.

I do not find fault in this method, but it may not be exactly what you are looking for or expecting.