That's exceptional ES and SD! I've always had good luck with Winchester brass. I use Nosler these days, but I still use Win brass for several cartridges, because it's inexpensive and I bought lots of bulk of once-fired Winchester brass cheap back when finding new brass was nearly impossible (during the Obama gun ban attempts).

7828 SSC has been my preferred powder for 7mmRM for many years, but I also plan on testing some 7977 (Enduron series powder) that I've had sitting around for several years. I also plan on testing 7977 in 7mm STW, .300WM, and .300 Ackley.

I wish I had a 1:8 twist barrel, or I would be happy to help do some testing of my own...at 581' ASL. I have 3 boxes of the very first run of the Berger 195 Elite Hunters that I bought years ago, but haven't gotten around to ordering a 1:8 barrel. I'll probably wait until I get the cash to pull apart and rebuild my 2nd 7mm STW, and rebarred to a .28 Nosler to test them.

I think the 28 nosler would be the ticket.

Has anyone tested the temperature sensitivity with the 7828 SSC?

Last edited:
New barrel was spun up. 30" Brux

Two round velocity and pressure test yielded some fine results with 180 ELDs.

3192 FPS was the fastest. Had slight bolt lift but it wasn't bad.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.