Load Data Needed for .243 Winchester and Berger 105 gr VLD

BigMedicine

I will be trying this bullet in my Savage 116 Weather Warrior, this rifle has a 1 and 9.25" twist. I am not certain if the gun will stabilize this bullet or not. Anyone out there have experience with said caliber and bullet? I do not have any Berger load data, so if you can provide that I would greatly appreciate it. Pet loads are welcomed as well. I have a bunch of different powders on hand, too many to list actually, so lets hear what has worked for you with this bullet/caliber. I thank you in advance.

I will be trying this bullet in my Savage 116 Weather Warrior, this rifle has a 1 and 9.25" twist. I am not certain if the gun will stabilize this bullet or not. Anyone out there have experience with said caliber and bullet? I do not have any Berger load data, so if you can provide that I would greatly appreciate it. Pet loads are welcomed as well. I have a bunch of different powders on hand, too many to list actually, so lets hear what has worked for you with this bullet/caliber. I thank you in advance.

I would drop down to the 95gr and not even mess with the 105 unless you have a 1/8.

I'm running an 85 grain Sierra using H4350. Look up the Berger stability calculator online.
The above recommendations of instability with the 105gr is solid info. Wish my M70 in 243 wasn't a 1:10 twist.

I ran 45 grains rl26 in my comp rifle. 3040 fps

Probably won't stabilize but I use that bullet in my 7 twist .243. I drive it at 2995 into .3moa using starline brass BR2 primers and IMR4831. Can't remember how much powder right off hand though.

100g Hornady BTSP will shoot incredible in your 9.25" twist. R#26 with cci 250s will be accurate at 3150 fps.

For deer and hogs, a friend is shooting the 105g Hornady bthp in his remington, but I do not know any details.