load data from those with cooper 6.5 284

dank9879

hello all i am new to this forum but have been reading posts here for a while. I just purchased a new cooper model 52 excaliber in 6.5 284. for those of you cooper 6.5 owners out there i was wondering what works best for you i have already collected new lapua brass and 140gr berger vld i am open to any powder choice. i can find lots of load data on line but wanted a starting point from guys with the same or similar rifle. thanks for your help. ps waiting for this cooper to arrive is like a kid waiting for christmas, it should be here monday

I have a Cooper model 22 6.5x284 and I'm shooting the Berger 130 VLD hunting bullet. Mine has the 9 twist and Berger recommends a 8 twist for the 140's so that's why I'm shooting the 130's. Started with the straight H4831 and never seen a need to try anything different. It will probably shoot better than I can. I just got my magnetospeed chronograph in but haven't had a chance to test the load yet because of work. I need to be around 3000 fps so the velocity reticle in my nightforce will match up correctly. I started at 50 gr and worked my way up to 53 gr and thats as far as I've got. H4831 or H4350 would be a good place to start. Your going to love that Cooper!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts