Load data for 7mm rem mag and 143 Hammer Hunters

codyadams

As title says. I did a couple searches and couldn't find much detailed data. I am setting up a buddies 1970's Remington 700 BDL in 7mm rem mag with less than two boxes through it since new, it was his brothers that passed away shortly after getting the rifle, and he has kept it as an heirloom since. Well, he wants me to set it up for his long range rig. He lives in cali, so requires non lead, so the hammer 143 is what we will use.

He will also use it in colorado, idaho, and wyoming, so a temp stable powder is important. I want most velocity possible in conjunction with stability. What you guys got?

I've found great velocity with reloader 22 & 140 partitions.
Far from temp stable, I would try reloader 23.

netting 3350 FPS out of a factory browning a bolt 7 rem mag.

pretty darn good ballistics trucking along that quick.

I have a load using the 143 Hammer Hunter in a 7RM with 73.6 gr H1000, Norma brass, CCI-250, and 3190 fps.

What is your twist rate? If the typical 1:9.25 in Remingtons, you should be good.

Started at 58 and worked up to 61.5 so far. Buddy has my chronograph. Bringing buy Sunday. Had a good node at 60 with group. Will work up a bit more. Starting at 62. 61.5 had no pressure signs on primers or brass.