load data for 6.5x.284 Norma

Schappk1

Hey everyone I'm new to the page and currently looking for help getting a load for my 6.5 284. I am using sierra matchking 142gr HPBT, HodgDon H4350, CCI bench rest primers, and Norma brass. I've tried several of the recommended loads in sierras loading manual but haven't had much luck. So I wondering if anyone has a good accurate load using these components that I could try. Rifle is a savage 116 long range hunter with 28" barrel with a vortex viper pst 4-16x50

welcome aboord, you will have to work up your own load starting at book minimum and going a little over book max. Either do a ladder or OCW test to find your rifles nodes.
Going through the entire recommended range will yield several loads for you to choose from.
Good Luck and if you are looking for speed and accuracy, Retumbo is excellent around 56.5-58 grains.

i shoot a 6.5-284 remingotn with a krieger barrel it shoots real good. there is a thread on here some where on the subject you asking wit ha bout 300 replies

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I've got 4 more loads I need to test yet and then im going to look at other options. Do any of you have a preference for bullets? I've always used sierra and nosler, but I've read good things about berger and lapua among others.

I have done very little load development with my 6.V-284, but what I have done, has worked great IMO. I'm running 140 Berger Hybrid & VLD, 49 grain H4350, Lapua brass, and Fed210M primers. Both shoot .5 MOA at 1000 yards. Average about 3000 FPS with both loads/bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.