? load data 30.06 Berger 168/180 vld/hunt reloader 22

Dhammer

Is their load data already established for realoder 22 with 168/180/Berger VLD hunting bullets for the 30.06?

I know Nosler has it for their 160/180 Accutips 30.06 loads but haven't been able to find anything with data for the Berger's and Reloader22. I wanted to see what pubslied results showed.
I getting ready to do some load development. Brass is ready, primers on hand, bullets, realoder 22 I already have. Going to get another powder too, but undecided at this point.
Thanks.

A little bit snowy over here in flag. my berger manual is in Phx. will check. berger manual i have is a little conservative compared to others.

Thank you.
Yeah, we got lucky the snow missed us. Couldn't believe snow numbers when I saw for flagstaff and Snow whatver. Felt like spring was almost over with weather we had (had been getting)

What Berger sent me looks like straight from their pages and nothing for reloader 22.

I keep sending stuff to friends back in Midwest being turned into ice sickles about the 70 degree days we have been having and Phoenix's numbers for day which are always higher. I don't mention were in low 30's morning and night on the Rim ;) stil beats minus!!!! But November when I was there I think the high was 17 and windy as all get up.. Made for not fun tree stand time. Don't ever remember a first season that miserable.

Thank you Phil,
I don't think you guys have any data for realoder 22 and 30.06 in 165/185 vld hunting. I already hit you guys up. I was going to use one of powders from your manual for testing but also wanted to have realoder 22 in mix since I already have it. With final goal of whatver bullet, powder performs best will be my winner for each rifle. Hopefully same powder.

I did get the load data from your manual I believe in reference to my request. Awesome advice, I wasn't going to do the 6 bullet testing but after, the email exchanges my mind was changed. Very fast responses and just a pleasure to deal with Berger all around. ;)

Dhammer,
Thank you!. Looked at a couple burn rate charts and our load data for the .30-06. RL22 looks to be to slow for the 06 even with the 230 grain bullet. Suggest you try the H4350 or RL19. These two powders work for the 168 through 230 grain bullets and have a very good fill ratio. We have data on RL22 but after a quick check it looks like it starts with load data on the 300 WIN MAG.

Is their load data already established for realoder 22 with 168/180/Berger VLD hunting bullets for the 30.06?

I know Nosler has it for their 160/180 Accutips 30.06 loads but haven't been able to find anything with data for the Berger's and Reloader22. I wanted to see what pubslied results showed.
I getting ready to do some load development. Brass is ready, primers on hand, bullets, realoder 22 I already have. Going to get another powder too, but undecided at this point.
Thanks.

Berger doesn't make 30 cal 180gr bullet. Berger manual they use R-19 for 30-06 with their 168gr bullets

I apologize its the 185 grain. Hearing the other stuff doesn't answer my question. I have that info as already stated.

I have been loading 165 grain ballistic tips in 06 with Superformance 24" barrel Accuracy is excellent at a bit over 2900 average. I am at work so I don't have the charge weight handy but I believe it is 60.5 grains worked up to this from 55 grains. I got this data from the Hodgdon site they list a Sierra 165 in the data but the ballistic tip shoots fine with no pressures issues in this rifle. This is a hunting rifle that is factory and stays at about one inch with the combo. I have been also using superformance in 280 rem and 300 short mag once again with excellent results.

There is no data listed for bullets heavier that 165 grains. The 168 Berger should be fine as it should have less bearing surface than the BTip don't quote me on that though as I have never measured them in comparison. If you can find superformance give it a try, I was sceptical about it until I tried it and it is pretty good in its limited applications that are listed. It is the one powder I can usually find when all the others are sold out and on back order. If you can find either IMR or H 4350 you are set with the 185's Rl-19 is also good if you can find it RL-17 is also supposed to be quite good in 06 but I have never been able to get my hands on any to try it out.

Winchester brass and CCI 200 primers.

Nosler list it for the 30.06 in Accubond's. Hence why I asked. I just didnt pick it. Suposed to be top performers for the 180 Accutips with 30.06. So why I bought the reloader 22 after reading the Accutip data. I have the Accutips too.. But hadn't see any other data for it with the .06 anywhere. Figured I'd ask around. I should have looked first, at the other brand bullets I was buying and load data first. Did the well they have it listed for 165/180 so must be other load data for other manufactures too..
Never assume and I did, I know better. LGS gouges on powder, $10.00 or more a lb so it adds up fast just to test out powders. I have other powders but again, its same boat, nothing listed for my choices. Bought in hey day when ya took what you could get just to have it.. So I am really cringing having to buy 2-3 more powders to find the combo I like with local prices. I'm going to order from my old supplier in bulk for powder/primers later this year but still a ways off. They don't gouge and a mom n pop operation who didn't start gouging like what some have done. Miss my quarterly orders from then delivered to club just down road from my old house so no bog shipping or hazmat fees back then.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.