Livingston Montana

26Reload

Curious if any of you boys or girls are in or near Livingston MT...
Buddies kid in Oregon has planned nuptials in Livingston for early June..
I am hoping someone might have knowledge of some prairie dog shooting areas.....
Man can't travel for wedding alone..gotta have secondary plans...

Curious if any of you boys or girls are in or near Livingston MT...
Buddies kid in Oregon has planned nuptials in Livingston for early June..
I am hoping someone might have knowledge of some prairie dog shooting areas.....
Man can't travel for wedding alone..gotta have secondary plans...
Sorry, I live in LA, lower Alabama. Land of the free. At least for the moment.

I live near ( near by in Montana is 30 miles) Early June is good gopher shooting. Not many Prairie Dogs in this area. I use 223 mostly or a 22Mag. If the shooting is good it is hard to lay off of a target long enough for the barrel to cool. I have seen 220 Swifts shot out in one or two days so I don't take mine.

30 miles is easy after 20 hours on the road from SW Oregon...im in pocatello..so I'm about 7-8 hours out of Livingston....
The places you shoot on a ranch or public grounds?...
Buddy from SW OR is a taxidermist...he will bring an arsenal..as will I...
His adult girls and wife may join in..but not the son getting hitched..
ALTHOUGH..the bride is a gun toter and groom guides fishing and hunting on the coast....but I doubt the bride will want to shoot vermin...but who knows.... .
Thanks Sedan...any extra help be appreciated....

Most Gophers are on private ground. Unless you find a state section which there are a few good for shooting gophers. State sections are generally section 16 and 32 of every township. We have had a decline of gopher populations in the last 3 years. Not sure why but the numbers are way down which is good for ranchers. I will ask around and see if there are any pockets of shootable numbers. I have access to several ranches in the area.
Henry

Hey...if we can meet up..be glad to shoot a few with you.....
We have a huge bunch if rockchucks here in Poc...living in town...but I won't tell if you don't....ha

Call Yellowstone Sport and Gifts in Livinston - awesome shop. I scored a bunch of RL33 there.
I'd avoid the Econolodge.....
We have a huge bunch if rockchucks here in Poc...living in town...but I won't tell if you don't....ha
Hmmm.. I know you didn't extend an offer, but I can call you from Chink Peak next time I'm there. I'm usually at the Hampton off Center st.

Last edited:
Well..people might get a bit testy with others shooting rockchucks within the city limits and in the parks....
But pocatello is also being overrun with red squirrels....thousands of them..everywhere...chewing into people's houses and eating aluminum gutters.....unbelievable....

Chink Peak?.....out soda area?

Prairie dogs galore 25 miles south of Chester Mondamtana on my buddies place only a 3 hour drive I will get you connected if your interested ...... the guy is over run.......

I'm heading up out of pocatello...and my taxidermist buddy and maybe his daughters and wife sling lots of lead too......be very interested....
Wow...just looked at map.....might pass....that there's cannuck borderline....might be way to far for my time off.....

Yeah...i see that great falls is 3 hours north of Livingston....
Will have to ask.....as that puts a lot of extra time driving on his already 20 hours....