Lively Discussion this morning

djfergus

I do the same... not only cops, but old couples, old single people at restaurants. We aren't wealthy, but have been blessed many times over. The least I can do is be a blessing for others, albeit a small one.
Amen Brother.

J E Custom

How can anyone help but admire our police with all the crap that they put up with every day and the class of people they deal with 90 % of the time. There patience and restraint amazes me.

I am from a different era and would last about 10 Minutes being cussed and threatened like they are. We should help and support them any way we can to let them know that there are still people that respect and appreciate what they do for us.

Buy them a cup of coffee or just say hello if you cant afford more. They deserve lots more !

Glad we support them.

J E CUSTOM

jdyoung

LRH Team Member
that's been taken over. The dog got in her closet yesterday and chewed up 5 pairs of her shoes. She said I would have to sell a gun and replace them. The dog is confined there now. Guess I will have to go to the club and practice all weekend!!! It is nice there.
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but my take is you are called an idiot because the dog chewed up her shoes, and instead of immediately buying new/ replacing the shoes, you pick up the tab for meal(s) of police officers many of who are not in media favor .
How many miles were on the shoes ? Can they be prorated ?

HappyWarrior

LRH Team Member
My solution was to buy a huge house for the 2 of us. Her Bedroom is 35' from mine, has her own bath, TV, zoned A/C. Domestic bliss !

Orange Dust

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but my take is you are called an idiot because the dog chewed up her shoes, and instead of immediately buying new/ replacing the shoes, you pick up the tab for meal(s) of police officers many of who are not in media favor .
How many miles were on the shoes ? Can they be prorated ?
No, You got it backwards. Bought them Breakfast yesterday. Dog ate shoes sometime during day. So we hav a lively discussion both yesterday morning, and another last night. The shoes were new, replacements from last time.

jdyoung

LRH Team Member
No, You got it backwards. Bought them Breakfast yesterday. Dog ate shoes sometime during day. So we hav a lively discussion both yesterday morning, and another last night. The shoes were new, replacements from last time.
I stand corrected..................laughing !!!!

Ace Quackhunter

I am posting this in the political section because this unfortunately has become so. I took my wife to breakfast this morning. While we were eating four local cops came in, sat down and ordered. We finished our breakfast and I called the waitress over, and told her to bring me the cops bill, and not tell them. I paid their bill and my own, and quietly left. Something I do often. My wife asked me "Why do you do that?" I told her it is simple.( Like many, if not most of you), "I carry every day. I have since before we were married. The better job those guys do the less likely I am going to have to use the gun. If I can do some little thing to help motivate them to do so, it is a good investment. Must be working, in all these years I haven't had to shoot anyone. Besides, what's wrong with just a random act of kindness for someone you don't know anyway?" She said "You're an Idiot." What do you all think? I think everyone does a better job if they feel appreciated, no matter what they do for a living. Many of these guys don't anymore.
Not long ago, the wife and I were traveling out of state and stopped at my favorite Restaurant the "Waffle House" for a evening meal. My wife heard the family behind us counting change and trying to figure out what they could order for dinner. I called the Manager over and told her to let the family have what they want and I would pay for it, but don't tell them about it. We were enjoying our meal and manager can over to check on us and let me know the family meal was going to be $22.00 and said okay that's fine. I thought about for a second and told the manager to hold all checks until I was finished and would pickup all the checks. She ask me why I would do that and told her because I can today and I don't know what will happen tomorrow.

When I was forty I went back to school for another degree and met some struggling students with young children and wife and I tutored some of them a couple time a week. One student, a young mother did not have an outfit to wear to a job interview and my wife was able to provide her with with everything included matching shoes. She was very grateful and did get the job she interview for and we were happy for her.

Together we have sponsored children family's, and young adults. I have mentored some young men in hunting and fishing the great outdoors and she has mentored young women in how to run a business. We don't have a lot of money but we did well for many years and put some back for a rainy day. If you can help do so, take someone fishing, teach an adult basic math, visit with someone down at the retirement center, and let them tell you about the old day's. All we have in today, let't not just make someone's day let make there life.

Ace

J E Custom

The dog obviously doesn't like her choice of shoes. :) :) :)

J E CUSTOM

jonseim

It’s a friendly gesture towards people that don’t get many friendly gestures these days. I also such things and believe it’s good.
Keep it up.
And I want a gator grizzly, just a small one for a pet😀

Trending threads