Lively Discussion this morning

milo-2

Good for you! I have never even seen a uniformed LE in a fast food place, nevertheless a restaurant to be able to do this. I have sponsored meals for Military guys though.
My wife can be a wild card at times too, though I think she would have been on board in your situation.

Orange Dust

Time to send your wife to South Central LA, South Side Chicago, Bed-Sty NY, Portland, Seattle etc for an education. Be sure to fill her purse with Franklins hanging out in plain view.

How long since you've been single ?
Its not like that. She is very conservative and has her reasons. Namely, we had a LEO for a son-in-law for awhile that really took advantage of her generosity. Women can be very unforgiving at times. So can I, but not against folks I don't know, unless they are trying to limit my right to be free from them, if you get my drift.

Dean2

I am in Canada. The anti-police/military sentiment is no where near as bad here as it is in some parts of the States. That said, I have picked up checks for years for Police, Fire, Military, old folks, and the like and I intend to keep doing it. It is a tangible way to show they are appreciated. I don't care who you are, what job you do or how good a job you do, no one hears "Thank You" near often enough. Lots of bitching and complaining, very little cordial respect let alone real appreciation.

Last edited:

26Reload

I have picked up the check for a few military...and in line at fast food maybe get the car behind or in front of me....
I haven't for LE...mainly because trying to have idle chat with one..he acted like he was "supercop".....really ****ed me off...
But...i have guys I have known a long time in LE....if theyre to cheap to buy me a beer...they sure as helll as getting one from me......but we always end up with a beer...and bs.....😁

YZ-80

Good on you, @Orange Dust. My philosophy is “if ya got it, give it”. This not only applies to LEOs or Military but also to the single Mom waiting tables, or anyone else for that matter that shows me courtesy and respect in a Service Industry capacity. It’s just the right thing to do and if it lifts their spirits or brightens their day, all the better. You never know what they might be struggling with.

74honker

Good on you, @Orange Dust. My philosophy is “if ya got it, give it”. This not only applies to LEOs or Military but also to the single Mom waiting tables, or anyone else for that matter that shows me courtesy and respect in a Service Industry capacity. It’s just the right thing to do and if it lifts their spirits or brightens their day, all the better. You never know what they might be struggling with.
Right on YZ. Not at all wealthy here but do whatever we can when we can. Also make it a point to let managment know how we feel about good service. Only bummer is that some places have to share tips. We usually ask. Not that we dont think that everyone works hard just that sometimes you just want that one person to have it all. Another thing most dont know is that some places if you pay your ticket and tip with a CC they take the % out of the tip for service charge. Always tip with cash!

flyguy1

You know, in recently released data, those over 65 have 47x the net worth of those under 35. So unless they look down on their luck (which is really hard to tell, as one of my fishing buddies is pretty scruffy but worth tens of millions), maybe give the waitress a huge tip rather than buy my wife and I dinner.

Last edited:

Orange Dust

I put a fridge in the dog house so I don't have to duck when I go to grab a beer....
that's been taken over. The dog got in her closet yesterday and chewed up 5 pairs of her shoes. She said I would have to sell a gun and replace them. The dog is confined there now. Guess I will have to go to the club and practice all weekend!!! It is nice there.

Trending threads