Live - Salmon Trolling

Fished for some Kokanee salmon a few days ago. Much smaller but a nice day out with friends and a limit to boot.
51FD0E9D-D187-4E8C-A8C5-5E59E9E7B501.jpeg

Bruce

Wow! That sounded like a really fun day! You weren't shot, wife didn't go into labor, you didn't lose a limb!

You have one heck of a story and sure sounded like a great adventure on the water!

Would you rather have been sitting at a desk or recanting this story! When you step onto a boat or into the woods, the adventure begins! Some adventures are a little more adventurous than others😂😂😂😂😂

So was it really a bad day or one heck of an adventure that you will remember rest of your life?
That one was a little extreme adventurewise, Muddy.

We hooked three up, had to have been Kings this morning, within a 15-minute span, couldn't get them to the boat, big Kings seem to know all the tricks in how to put slack in the line, then drop the hook. After that no more bits, other than a small Coho which I through back. Cheers.

Yes it would, those are on the deck from the last set of the period, there's another 10k lbs under the hatches already chilled to 35 degrees and we were headed to off load, had successive days where we were doing that much twice a day, largest run in Bristol Bay history.
Copper river reds are my favorite, with Bristol Bay in a tight second. Probably because I used to dipnet the Copper just past Chitna. We don't have that in Wyoming.

Copper river reds are my favorite, with Bristol Bay in a tight second. Probably because I used to dipnet the Copper just past Chitna. We don't have that in Wyoming.
Can't argue with your choice, the Copper River fish are amazing, we (Bristol Bay fisherman) have the advantage of volume over CR but both are awesome on the plate. Snagging is allowed here on the Helena regulatory reservoir starting in September, seems like dipnetting should be allowed as well.

Can't argue with your choice, the Copper River fish are amazing, we (Bristol Bay fisherman) have the advantage of volume over CR but both are awesome on the plate. Snagging is allowed here on the Helena regulatory reservoir starting in September, seems like dipnetting should be allowed as well.
I do believe snagging is easier than dipnetting. Dipnetting sounded easy, but turned out to be work. Hardest work that I ever loved to do.

Yeah, just think what the story will "become" in a few more years of "digestion"!! 😂
No 100% true. And just the highlights. Didn't need embellishment. The highlight of the trip is not far from the river we jumped a sturgeon. About three ft long. First and only one I've ever seen. Impressive. Fastest fish I've ever seen swim.