Little help with 6x47 problem

Remmy700

So was starting to make test loads for my SAC 6x47 and hit a road block. So brass was purchased lapua once fired 6.5x47 brass. I ran them thru 6x47 Forster BR die, uniformed case length and ran 6mm Sinclair NT mandrel thru all of them (.241 mandrel). Hicup come when seating 108 eldm, Forster BR seater is leaving a nasty ring. No excessive force required or anything and I know neck tension is not an issue. Thinking seating stem is just out of spec for the 108s. Any help would be appreciated, I need to get shooting !!!
A2CB6421-AC30-421D-B3BA-1AB9531A041B.png

You can try polishing the edge of the seater, using bedding compound and an oiled bullet to take a 'set' so the the stem is the same shape as the ogive, or have a custom one turned up to suit.
If you do the bedding route, you MUST drill out the centre so that NOTHING is touching the bullet tip. Then just buy another for other bullet profiles.

Cheers.
:)

Same thing happened to me. It was a compressed load. Switched to a load that didn't fill the case, and problem disappeared.

It looks like to much neck tension, and possibly the wrong bullet seater in the die. I say this because from the picture it looks like the seater has a straight contour and does not fit the bullet profile. With proper case neck tension, and the proper bullet seater, there should be no marks on the bullet.

Just something to look at.

J E CUSTOM

Had the same issue with Hornady pills and seating stem on my Whidden dies. They shipped me out a polished stem and haven't had an issue since. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.