Little Defensive Edge Shooter

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
DEPICS053.JPG

Took my 5 year old son shooting after school today. I shot some rifles to test fire and then set up a couple of 100 yard targets for my son. He was shooting a 22 RF AR-15 with 1-3 Weave scope. He weaseled the bench bags around himself while I watched and shot 10 rounds into each target with no help from me what so ever. When we drove up to the targets I was suitably impressed and told him so. He looked right at me and straight from the mouth of babes said "Dad am I the man or what?". I almost fell over and then replyed yes you most certainly are. It was a great afternoon.

Congratulations Shawn:);):) That is awesome.

Tell him from me......He is the MAN!!!;);)

Pretty soon you will be having a new partner at the matches. Today the .22, tomorrow the Edge and then what??? You are going to have problems staying ahead of him.:)

That grin says it all!

He shoots better than alot of the folks I work with at 50 yards! I only see one out of the black...Thats pretty darn good for a five year old!
He da man!

Most excellent, Shawn!
Enjoy the little guy while you can. My son was that age just yesterday. Then, I woke one day and he was 24, married, a Marine Diesel Mechanic and made us grand parents!
Life does speed up as you get older!
Again... Enjoy!!!

Congratulations to the both of you and very well done to the little guy. I know fully grown men that can't do what he's doin at his age.

Shawn,
LiveEye is right, yesterday the Lord gave me three boys, I woke up today with two gone and maried, the grandfather of 2 boys and a girl. My 16 y/o (William) is what I got left and not for too long.

Congratulations on the little guy. HE IS THE MAN!!!!

He is da man, WOW! Great teacher I guess. He'll be teaching the long range shooting classes soon, probably not till he's 10 or so! Great job!

Must be the eyes, my 12 yr old shoots better than me.

Thanks guys. He just really took to shooting (could be like submersion training) from being with me. I am going build a short stock for my 260 so he and my daughter (who is no slouch of a shooter @ 7 years old) can shoot some distance. I'll have them hitting at 500 yards in an hour.

Looks like a chip off the old block. Have a feeling it will not be all that long before some big game is hammered by little Carlock at long range!!!

Can not wait until my little one gets to that level, it looks like more fun than I can imagine and I am sure it is!!!

Congrats to him for the shooting and you for raising a kid the right way!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

500 Yards in an hour... lol

When you get them doing this, you need to go to a public range with them and have them shoot next to some other hunters... lol. I would pay money to see the looks on the other guys faces...

A shooting session with your son = $10 and lots of grins

A shooting session with your son and daughter = $20 and a family having a great time....

The look on a hunters face as he gets out-shot by a 5 yr old = Priceless

Thanks guys. He just really took to shooting (could be like submersion training) from being with me. I am going build a short stock for my 260 so he and my daughter (who is no slouch of a shooter @ 7 years old) can shoot some distance. I'll have them hitting at 500 yards in an hour.

Awesome... Hang on to those years. They go by quick! Use some of that video skill you have an capture everything that you can!

It's funny how my boys (and girls) remind me of things now that I did with them when they were young that I didn't think anything of back then.

I was impressed when my girlfriends 10 year old put 3 in a nice 2" group at 300 yards with the Canyon rifle... but dang... 5 years old? That's something!

Awesome... Hang on to those years. They go by quick! Use some of that video skill you have an capture everything that you can!

It's funny how my boys (and girls) remind me of things now that I did with them when they were young that I didn't think anything of back then.

I was impressed when my girlfriends 10 year old put 3 in a nice 2" group at 300 yards with the Canyon rifle... but dang... 5 years old? That's something!

Mike, today he more likely is even a better shot since he'd be 8 years old!!!

Yes, he is the man!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.