Little Blondie..............

Catahoula

Had this bear on my trail cam yesterday. Not a big bear but a very pretty bear. I see a lot of color phase bears where I hunt. As I was leaving my hunting area yesterday a giant chocolate bear ran in front of my truck. Never gave me a shot. Having a great years as I have seen 8 bears by spot & stalk but have not popped a cap yet.
Thanks, Kirk IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

Hey Rev, Ya, I would guess 125-150. Bears don't weigh up as much as most folks think. I really think it is a 4 footer. And thinking a small boar. What do you think???
Thanks, Kirk

Technically I'm an Okie but spend most of my fall in southwest Colorado where that pic came from.

Its the same way where we hunt I've only seen a handful of black bears, most of them that I've seen are either blonde, dark brown, or cinnamon, I even saw one last year that was full blown RED

Hey Furtaker, I was bear hunting with my daughter about 8 years ago & we jumped a bear that was the color of a hereford cow. Red as could be. My hunting buddy seen a mouse colored bear in this area years ago as well. They sure are fun to see.
Thanks, Kirk

Hey Furtaker, I was bear hunting with my daughter about 8 years ago & we jumped a bear that was the color of a hereford cow. Red as could be. My hunting buddy seen a mouse colored bear in this area years ago as well. They sure are fun to see.
Thanks, Kirk

Couldn't agree with you more!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.