List / index of factory rifle magazine Lengths. Please contribute data.

kiwikid: Thx! Added! Been to Aussieland quite a few times but never made it over to your neck of the woods. Always wanted to make the trip over but business timing never worked out. 😖

Updated to include asd M70 SA.

Thanks! Starting to look like a decent reference for future builds.

Attachments

• 2020.09.14.LRH.Mag.COAL.Chart.pdf
    434.6 KB · Views: 673
Browning
X-Bolt
6.5 PRC.
Factory DBM. I load to 2.983"

I think the mag is basically right at 3", but I don't want to risk them jamming up. You'd also need a bullet with a pointed nose (rather than too wide of a flat front hollow point), as the magazing comes down to a point at the front.

Last edited:
...Since I cannot upload an Excel, it was converted to PDF for now. Maybe we can get it as a sticky Excel.

Hi Muddyboots and djfergus

First off - excellent idea to create this!
Second - you can upload an excel file. But you have to put it into a .zip archive first. LRH allows .zip uploads, but not .xls.

Much appreciated if you're able to upload the excel doc. It would be very nice to enable the filtering option in excel. Then a user could filter by a particular caliber or brand they are interested in. Thanks again, and good work!

Also, if I may offer the following recommendations - no need to use them. Just a thought.

Instead of a single column for "Caliber or Action Length," separate it into the following three columns:
-Action length
-Cartridge
-Caliber

This would allow a user to sort the list using criteria such as "I want a short action" or "I want a long action in a .284 cal" to help filter/search the list more specifically.

Bump for a great thread, and a couple more that aren't yet listed;

• Winchester
  • Model 70
  • .308 win
  • Hinged Floor Plate Magazine COAL 2.850"

• Winchester
  • Model 70 EW
  • 300WSM
  • Hinged Floor Plate Magazine COAL 3.100"
Edited to add;

I was working off an old list - didn't see the first one was already on there.

@Muddyboots would you consider editing your first post in this thread to include the most recent spreadsheet? Could be helpful for those of us referring back to this thread. Thanks for the good work!

Last edited: