Liquid Wrench as a bore cleaner?

ricka0

L104.JPG
Any ideas on how this might be for the first couple passes thru? It's really an amazing product for rusted/stuck bolts. It smells like it would work good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thats an interesting question b1g b0re. I know folks that use Kano Kroil mixed with shooters choice and also by itself as bore cleaner. Kano is basicaly the same as liquid wrench. Kano is said to get under the copper fouling and help loosen it making cleaning easier. I never tried it but I kinow folks that swear by it!!

Mixing Kroil with Shooters Choice saves time and rags. It removes all the easy fouling quickly, and then I foam out the Cu with WipeOut and gun barrel is spotless. Some of my old guns required more than one foaming though.

This is the response I got from Gunk.
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> We will be launching a line of gun care products under the Smith and Wesson name in early April. I would recommend using our Liquid Wrench "L4" product until then.Regards,
Tom Hynes.

[/ QUOTE ] </font> </font>

I have heard that Butch's Bore Shine was exactly the same (chemically) as GM Top Enginer Cleaner; but who knows?. The GM stuff is a lot less expensive. I also heard that some guys use WD-40 in place of Kroil with similar results. Heck, you can buy WD-40 @ Home Depot by the gallon.

It really is difficult for the average shooter to come to a difinitive conclusion as to which bore cleaner works better for removing copper/carbon/powder residue. Many cleaners do the job but which works fastest or best?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just a thought but i have a cusin that is a machinist. He does alot of stainless work he showed me one day we went to lunch he sprayed a fresh cut piece of top notch stls.with wd40 crc &amp;marvel. We went to lunch came back hte wd40 piecewas looking bad already hte crc was about half as bad hta marvel still looked good. Just thought i would share this and draw your own concl. thanks marlow

As a bore cleaner, it is great for rusted bolts in the bore!

Does not do anything for carbon or copper which is what is found in most bores.

If you want carbon and copper removed, Montana Extreme 50 BMG is what most of the LR BR shooters are using and most borescope their guns routinely.

Proven to remove carbon and copper better than anything we have found, and most have tried every product out there.

Does not harm the bore contrary to crazy statements made by uninformed.

As for lubricants, you will find most will give you a much different cold bore shot until it is shot out. For example Kroil will give different POI on first shot also. ME has a bore conditioner that is best at not doing that as anything I have seen.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.