Lion Confrontation

I'm not a predator , but I like the outdoors I have Mt Lions on my place in west Tx but rarely see one because buy nature they are very seclusive and afraid of humans . Predators get educated by humans protecting their livestock etc., when you protect them they loose their fear of humans , like this cat , this is not normal behavior of Mt Lions in my experience. This incident more than likely is a result of protecting Mt Lions in a Liberal anti gun anti hunting state.
Anti gun brigade are in every county finding excuses to beat up honest gun owners. Our country hates gun owners, with a passion their naïvety is horrific

Not a lion, but I did have to fire a warning shot at a black bear that refused to leave us alone as we quartered out a mule deer in Wyoming last week. One of those crazy situations that you think will never happen to you until it does. Quad got chewed on the night before in the same area. That was enough to convince me that a sidearm while hunting in black bear/mtn lion territory is not an overreaction (I'll just stay well away from grizzly country). I actually do have it on video since I had a partner (don't know how to upload), but there's no way I'm reaching for a phone if I'm alone.

Attachments

• 307515015_10161185444269610_1532441516094236509_n.jpg
    307515015_10161185444269610_1532441516094236509_n.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 93
Not a lion, but I did have to fire a warning shot at a black bear that refused to leave us alone as we quartered out a mule deer in Wyoming last week. One of those crazy situations that you think will never happen to you until it does. Quad got chewed on the night before in the same area. That was enough to convince me that a sidearm while hunting in black bear/mtn lion territory is not an overreaction (I'll just stay well away from grizzly country). I actually do have it on video since I had a partner (don't know how to upload), but there's no way I'm reaching for a phone if I'm alone.
yes in Barrow AK when they cut up whales and give out the meat everyone uses there snowgos then the big whites come in and rip and maul all the seats on the snowgos

Looks like it doesn't like Polaris. Best get yourself a Kodiak or Grizzly. lol

Warning shots for predators looking to munch on me will be shortly after the killing shot. Sometimes you forget the order in which they should go.
If he had been closer and acting aggressively he would have eaten a 180gr hardcast from my 357 mag. If I had killed him as the situation actually played out I'd have a big fat fine. I fired a warning shot because my voice and gestures clearly weren't scary enough compared to the venison dinner at our feet.

Last edited:
My comment was regarding the cat encounter which is relative to an aggressive animal. Cats that are charging whether bluff or not that get inside my protective zone will get a warning shot afterwards. I cannot take chance of wasting a round for warning shot that might save my life. I bought 500 .357 Partitions at stupid clearance price of $10/box years ago so they are in my 686+ when hunting.

Im guessing you were in the Bighorn's or elsewhere not in north west Wyoming 😉

Last edited:
My comment was regarding the cat encounter which is relative to an aggressive animal. Cats that are charging whether bluff or not that get inside my protective zone will get a warning shot afterwards. I cannot take chance of wasting a round for warning shot that might save my life. I bought 500 .357 Partitions at stupid clearance price of $10/box years ago so they are in my 686+ when hunting.
Agreed on the cat acting that way, it needed a bullet. I bought some Buffalo Bore 180's for my 3" SP101, and those rounds are unlike any .357 I've ever fired before or since.

That be a dead cat for me. I shot on a state champ small bore pistol team, one handed.Thousands of rounds a season. My son ,my self ,my hunting buddy was stalked by cat in Idaho,when it was 9 yards he shot it with his recurve.Warden said,''I don't have time to look for a cat you may or may not of shot'' He was after poachers rifle hunting in bow season.That guy has no business with a side arm. One I got many years ago was #3 at time, not now, archery
IMG_0690.JPG