Limited long range hunting

My 700 bdl will group below an inch, sometimes .60 on a regular basis with accubond and partitions. No such luck with hand loads in the 300. Does it's best with Weatherby factory 180 partitions but spendy. Remington factory stuff does poorly . Went scope shopping today. Nightforce were heavy and pricey as were higher end swaroski. Saw three that looked promising . Leupold VX6. Swaroski 3 and Ziess H5. 2-10 or thereabouts . Didn't get a chance to examine Viper yet. Some of the other scopes could be justified by 800 yard shooters but I'm not going there. Will continue to look at scopes and hand loads for the Weatherby that group well enough to practice . Thanks for the insight . Going for quality glass without the dials and adjustments. May have to have gunsmith look at bedding of Weatherby . It's in a aluminum block stock. Don't know what can be done with that
Take a look at the VX-6 4.5-14x50 or VX-3 in the same. If you want a little higher magnification the VX-6 3-18x50 is an excellent scope as well. I've got several of all of the above and am very happy with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.