Limb saver barrel Anit-vibration

Danny1788

I talked to a friend of mine and he said he had just recently bought one and said it helped his group out alot at 200yrds. does anybody use these things if so how much does it help. i have a 22-250 26" bull barell, cheap remington synthetic stock, bedded and free floated, trigger adjusted down not sure on lbs but light enough for me. get some good groups alot under .5" almost every time. would it help tighten my group and keep it more consistant? also i shoot a 300wby and it shoots .5" groups all day long. i hand load for both rifles just want anybodys in put on these cheap things?

I use them on several rifles, they help ring out that last "bit" of accuracy . you won't see a great diff at 100yds, but at 2/3/5/9 hundred you will. Experiment with placement at the range to find that "sweetspot". one .223 likes the damper at the edge of the stock, other rifles like it up to 3" forward of end of stock. one likes it out behind the muzzle brake.

Last edited:
I never tried one on a rifle but did have an unsuccessful attempt on a slug gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.